GDT: Group B • Dec. 26 • Russia 3, Canada 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Let's just keep rolling 4 lines boys and take the game to them. Play Canadian hockey don't sit back and let them bring the game to us.

you wont' intimidate these Russians with physical game, but the recipe to win is to put pressure on the D and make them get rid of the puck fast, Russian players are not used to that, hence come the turn overs...I am sure Canada coaches know that.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I guess they didn't stick with Tarasenko and Kuznetsov being in the same line after all. Oh well, it's still a killer first line.

Patrick Sjöberg used to be the world record holder in track and field high jumping. I believe he still has the highest jump of those, who never tested positive for doping. But I doubt it's the same Sjöberg.

on special teams they may put the two together. Oh, it sux I can't watch the game - will be at work..

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
I thought so. It would've been a pitty, if Hamilton would've been the 13th forward like the original post says. He played so well against Finland. I can't understand why Eakin is on the 4th line though.

Glad Howden got moved up, as he should. He has been good.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
you wont' intimidate these Russians with physical game, but the recipe to win is to put pressure on the D and make them get rid of the puck fast, Russian players are not used to that, hence come the turn overs...I am sure Canada coaches know that.

Agreed I was impressed with the toughness and grit of the Russian team that toured Canada a short while ago and yes I agree with plenty of forecheck pressure.

Hope you get to see the game. Enjoy CSKA.

Analyzer*

I'll be glad to see Avitsin's buddy, Nikita Dvurechensky play. I was hoping for the habs to draft him last year. I figured if AA came over, then he might be able to convince Dvur to do the same.

member 30781

Ill be at this game and the USA/Finland matchup.

Anyone think Dvurechensky has a shot at coming to play in the NHL or is he goign to make the KHL his home?

StevieYdabest

Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
Does anyone know if there will be a replay tonight on TSN since the Eagles game is postponed. I'm not going to be able to watch the game at 4 but will be back at night.

Cheli

Jul 6, 2008
Toronto/Waterloo
Does anyone know if there will be a replay tonight on TSN since the Eagles game is postponed. I'm not going to be able to watch the game at 4 but will be back at night.

I don't think they will be replaying it (not positive) but if you live in Canada (or know anything about internet-dodging), the full game will be uploaded on TSN.ca.. probably within a day.

Eh Oh Canada Go!!!!

:sarcasm:

Hahah, I was going to make the exact same post, smiley and all.

bottleCAPS

Jan 11, 2005
Winnipeg, MB
I think Canada's tactical game will be enough to fend off Russia's technical game. That said, I think it will be a battle and at this point in the tournament, wouldn't mind if Russia won so long as it was a close one.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Agreed I was impressed with the toughness and grit of the Russian team that toured Canada a short while ago and yes I agree with plenty of forecheck pressure.

Hope you get to see the game. Enjoy CSKA.

it's not looking good - one night a week I work in restaurant, it's a blizzard here in boston, but they will stay open and I have to close (11:30 PM)....bumma:shakehead

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
5-4 Russia in spite of numerious Canada's PPs.

I do hope the reffing is good today, the exhibition games its been only okay. Most of the penalties have been penalties, but you gotta let some of it go to create some flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad