GDT: Group A - May 9 - Switzerland vs Belarus

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Swiss will be a tough team, I thought they looked pretty good out there...I know they are praying to the Swiss hockey Gods for a Jets win tomorrow - Josi, Weber, Fiala - man any of them makes a massive impact for this group...

steierwrass

Nov 25, 2017
Yes, I managed to find it. Unsuccessful offside challenge is a delay of game penalty, unsuccessful challenge for a goal is a loss of timeout.

A bit harsh in my opinion, I like the way we do it in Switzerland better.

I think, that's great rule. No one really wants them to review those 5 cm offsides 45 seconds before goal.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
I think, that's great rule. No one really wants them to review those 5 cm offsides 45 seconds before goal.

I don't know, we don't have this rule in Switzerland (you only lose your timeout in case of unsuccessful challenge), and endless reviews aren't really a problem. Today's situation was annoying, but it was an exceptional case and shouldn't be used to judge the coach challenge system.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
So Belarus only woke up for two periods, they were completely harmless in the third despite Switzerland barely trying. Very poor game overall, the only things to take out from Switzerland's POV is the result, Andrighetto playing his best game so far, and Meier making an immediate impact.

Its a bit conserning that we seem to loose our momentum, whenever we get scored on. On the other hand I am happy with our scoring depth so far. In other years we had to rely heavily on Moser and Niederreiter, but this year we seem to have quite a few threats. As usual the NHL mercenarys are money in the bank in that regard.

steierwrass

Nov 25, 2017
I don't know, we don't have this rule in Switzerland (you only lose your timeout in case of unsuccessful challenge), and endless reviews aren't really a problem. Today's situation was annoying, but it was an exceptional case and shouldn't be used to judge the coach challenge system.

I didn't judge it because of this one case. I have said it since it came to games, that those offside challenges are just stupid. Removing them would be even better than 2 min penalty, but at least that's already better than only losing timeout. Maybe 95% challenged offsides don't really affect to game.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Swiss will be a tough team, I thought they looked pretty good out there...I know they are praying to the Swiss hockey Gods for a Jets win tomorrow - Josi, Weber, Fiala - man any of them makes a massive impact for this group...

No we (or at least i} don't.

Have the Preds win the cup, with 3 Swiss players would be awesome.

The Swiss team will do fine. I am sure.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Yes, I managed to find it. Unsuccessful offside challenge is a delay of game penalty, unsuccessful challenge for a goal is a loss of timeout.

A bit harsh in my opinion, I like the way we do it in Switzerland better.

NHL changed the rules this past season because you had too many coaches just challenging for the prayer that a player may be millimeters offside. The challenge on the Subban goal in Game 1 was a good example of one of those.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
If Point had such an easy time, why couldn't Matthews do that then?
No we (or at least i} don't.

Have the Preds win the cup, with 3 Swiss players would be awesome.

The Swiss team will do fine. I am sure.

Not "only" that: a Swiss CAPTAIN. It happens ever so seldom that a team with a non North American captain wins, too.

Reactions: Bobby G and torero

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad