GDT: Group A - May 9 - Switzerland vs Belarus

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Exactly what I was afraid of, Belarus playing its best hockey of the tournament. Good at defending their own slot, agressive on every lose puck, always helping each others. Switzerland needs to put the puck on the net and keep it simple, trying to pass around the defense won't work today.

And what a finish by Andrighetto.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Yeah, that might be true, but it was still not the best they could play. Maybe also related to the late game yesterday.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Yeah, that might be true, but it was still not the best they could play. Maybe also related to the late game yesterday.

Thats the thing about hockey, you can be better team and still lose the game. Unlike in Basketball where the better almost always wins no question.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
As expected, Team Switzerland pretty tired after that huge battle vs. the Czechs yesterday. But Ghetto having another good day, winning two faceoffs in Belarus zone, and converting a juicy rebound of Meier's shot.
Team Belarus recuperated after the day off and willing to prove themselves after the change behind the bench - they could still win this. ;)

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Wow, Sven Andrighetto really the man of the match so far. So much power, playing great passes, shooting like hell - amazing! :thumbu:

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
As expected, a tough battle. I hope they somehow find the energy to skate hard for another 20 min+.

Meier is indeed looking promising.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
As expected, a tough battle. I hope they somehow find the energy to skate hard for another 20 min+.

Meier is indeed looking promising.

Yeah, Meier having an immediate impact. Well-played behind the net right before Vermin's go-ahead goal! :nod:

Last edited:

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Yes, I managed to find it. Unsuccessful offside challenge is a delay of game penalty, unsuccessful challenge for a goal is a loss of timeout.

A bit harsh in my opinion, I like the way we do it in Switzerland better.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
So Belarus only woke up for two periods, they were completely harmless in the third despite Switzerland barely trying. Very poor game overall, the only things to take out from Switzerland's POV is the result, Andrighetto playing his best game so far, and Meier making an immediate impact.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad