GDT: Group A - May 7 - Sweden vs France

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I'm not saying that. But there are a few useless reactions from the Swedish players in these kind of games that I don't like. Call that arrogance or something, but that's not hockey.
Lack of respect? Isn't it the opposite? When you go 100%, you respect your opponent. The Swedes aren't gliding around here. Adam Larsson went 100% into that hit, that's not arrogance. It was a mistake, yes, but arrogance? No.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I'm not talking about the hit, but the laughing by the coach after the 3rd goal.
Yeah but come on, that was Oliver Ekman Larsson's first goal and he's considered a franchise defenseman in the NHL. He has struggled alot for the national team in the past, to find a role. I think the coach was laughing about how beautiful that shot was, it has nothing to do with the French team. Also, I think the coach was delighted he might have found some boost to his game now.

Context, man. Don't read it as something negative that he's laughing, because that shot, from a defenseman, was sweet.

Last edited:

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
It's not good for the game when Rakell scores early, that's for sure. I feel you. I would also struggle to keep watching this if I wasn't a Swedish hockey fan 3 beers in. If you're not watching because of some specific player drafted for an NHL team, meh, this is not where you need your attention, watch the highlights instead.

I'm a swede though, but maybe i need some beers! :)

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
I can live with that. Sweden needs bad men to win gold. I don't know how many times Sweden has lost the game vs Canadian bad men.
Canada always the masters of getting away with bad hits. Niedermeyer on forsberg still makes me mad.

Bookker

Sep 17, 2010
What a dirty game by Sweden.
You should be ashame, how f***ing arrogant those guys are.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
What a dirty game by Sweden.
You should be ashame, how ****ing arrogant those guys are.
What are you talking about? Yeah, that hit by Larsson was dirty, so what? Then what? This is hockey, mistakes happen.

And what is this ridiculous talk of arrogance? What is that French broadcasting guy spewing on about? He has no clue about hockey, so don't listen to him.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Yeah we're arrogant af, we usually sadly are in these situations, at least it gives hope for the team we're going up against I guess?

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Who can blame him? The media and the fans are whining to no eternity he has no goal yet.

On another note, when are the other lines going to start to deliver, really? Sure, they've scored a goal, but then what?

That Pääjärvi line, what is that supposed to do, other than kill time?
Sadly it seems like they are getting quite a bit of ice time aswell. I mean there is no logical reason for them playing more than Kempes line, no wonder they’re not getting anything done getting 6-7 minutes per game.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Who can blame him? The media and the fans are whining to no eternity he has no goal yet.

On another note, when are the other lines going to start to deliver, really? Sure, they've scored a goal, but then what?

That Pääjärvi line, what is that supposed to do, other than kill time?
What lines even have guys that can be expected to score? Pettersson was supposed to be a star here, with that looking unlikely we’re basically a one line team. Not much should be expected from the lower lines with this personnel.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
What lines even have guys that can be expected to score? Pettersson was supposed to be a star here, with that looking unlikely we’re basically a one line team. Not much should be expected from the lower lines with this personnel.
Forsberg - Kempe - Arvidsson #Believe

Pettersson's first goal!

Reactions: felixpettersson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad