GDT: Group A - May 7 - Sweden vs France

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
The French have all rights to be pissed and it's nice to see they stand up for themselves. I'm even fine with the even penalties.

The French retributed more than the average NHL team nowadays, because of the instigator.

Jeppe950

May 21, 2013
The French are dangerous right now and it feels like they could score at any moment.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Well, that's what I would recommend. If he wants to go to from being formed as a very skilled popsicle to an anabolic league, go ahead. I wouldn't recommend it. He can't even handle the physical enviroment of the WHC at even strength, how the heck is he going to handle a more physical league than the NHL (AHL)?

Why put a prime prospect into a sink or swim situation when you don't have to?
i dont think you understand....
putting him in SHL won't make him grow when he's already too good for it.
You have to put him in a new environment for growth...

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
It's called sticking up for yourself. It was a dirty hit by Larsson. I'd rather see them show some life than just rolling over and let it be. I like how they have responded
You dont retaliate in modern hockey. This isnt the 70s anymore with canadian goonery

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
The refs made this game turn ugly by not giving Adam Larsson a penalty... Which causes the french to wanna fight Johan Larsson, Adam Larsson, & Oliver Ekman-Larsson... I'd be ok with getting a penalty for just entering the O-zone once to make up for that missed call so the french can get less frustrated about it.

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
It's sad when the only interesting thing about this game is the Larsson kerfuffle. Feels like Sweden is sleepwalking and content with playing bad hockey.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
You dont retaliate in modern hockey. This isnt the 70s anymore with canadian goonery
Come on, that wasn't a retaliation, that was a statement. A retaliation would've been some French player running over a Swedish player with a cheap shot. What they did was a statement, they just manned up, scrummed up and didn't hurt anybody. I think Larsson knows his hit wasn't appreciated.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Not a single bad pass by pettersson today. He is simply amazing toying with the french

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
Gotta keep their cool

Lol because they are French ?? the third goal shouldn't happen if penalty has been called
And this is Larsson who stupidly came another time after French
Swedish are arrogant as usual (coach laughing after the 3rd goal)
They don't need to be such crap
That's said I freakin like Pettersson today

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
and another checking from behind in the slot missed. The refs are awful today. Not the reason for the 3-0 lead though, we are lucid... :D
This is the result of the Swedish hockey program formed a bunch of years ago. Swedish players still like to keep the mobile puck moving game, but they also go towards the net and they have picked up that North American, sometimes dirty style to their game and this has been a conscious management choice. This is the result, sometimes dirty hits happen when you throw hard hits to the left and right all game long.

Especially from Swedish NHL defensemen like Adam Larsson, he's a defensive defenseman now, he doesn't hesitate to nail people. Maybe he will be suspended a game for that hit, but I never think he actually meant to be that high on the hit. I mean, come on, he's playing France, he's just playing his game and made a mistake.

I guess the Swedish hockey federation took the "chicken Swedes" slandering to heart. ;)

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
Yeah, that's very dirty and he'll sit a game or two. Bad for Sweden when it's time for the better teams. Dammit, that was so unnecessary.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
This is the result of the Swedish hockey program formed a bunch of years ago. Swedish players still like to keep the mobile puck moving game, but they also go towards the net and they have picked up that North American, sometimes dirty style to their game and this has been a conscious management choice. This is the result, sometimes dirty hits happen when you throw hard hits to the left and right all game long.

Especially from Swedish NHL defensemen like Adam Larsson, he's a defensive defenseman now, he doesn't hesitate to nail people. Maybe he will be suspended a game for that hit, but I never think he actually meant to be that high on the hit. I mean, come on, he's playing France, he's just playing his game and made a mistake.

I guess the Swedish hockey federation took the "chicken Swedes" slandering to heart. ;)
I'm not saying that. But there are a few useless reactions from the Swedish players in these kind of games that I don't like. Call that arrogance or something, but that's not hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad