GDT: Group A - May 21 - Finland vs Germany

king89

Dec 4, 2018
Czech is like a home team when playing i Bratislava. With some experienced players like Voracek etc.
Russia has shown the best offense in this tournament, they have the best goalies as well.
Sweden has a great roster but on the other hand they lost to Czechs. Nylander has been good. The thing is, against Sweden we would be huge underdogs which suits the Finnish team.
Against Switzerland? 50/50 perhaps but i´m not sure it´s a good fit for Team Finland. I mean Roman Josi, Hischier, Fiala, Niederreiter, Kurashev. These players are better than all Finnish except Kakko.
No, i rather see us against Sweden as a huge underdog. Kurashev can dangle, Niederreiter and Fiala can score and Hischier will out skate our defenders.
I really don't understand your argument here. Sweden has a much better team then Schweiz, they can also dangle and score.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Imagine if the Avs would have got the higher pick. Kakko with Rantanen and Mackinnon. Now that would be the best line in the NHL for a long time. Like Sakic, Forsberg etc, all over again.
Landeskog is a good leader, but Kakko has more potential as a scoring player in a first line.

Last edited:

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Kaski has low IQ. Lehtonen is different tier at running PP and having quick decisions.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Good to see Finland score.

Not good to see how freaking stupid Kaski is. His only move is to shot it into the traffic.

Reactions: Svedu and Nate070

king89

Dec 4, 2018
What the f*** is this german team?! Like they can shoot 5 shots in a game and score 3...

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I really don't understand your argument here. Sweden has a much better team then Schweiz, they can also dangle and score.

I understand. The thing is that i believe there is a chance that Sweden could be cocky and not do the job just because their roster is packed. They have a great roster but the skill level is not on Russias level. Pettersson and Nylander, but the others need to be working hard. Kempe brothers, Hörnqvist, Landeskog etc.
I just think it could be a mental game and give us a little advantage. I just know the Swiss would never underrate Finland but they still have that skill in 2 lines when Finland only have Kakko.
Luostarinens injury is so unfortunate. I know he has not produced that much but he is such a hard working, well skating center. Things that are even more important in the playoffs.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I wanted to see Vehviläinen get another chance in this tournament in this game. Lankinen has been good, could have rested him. Because if Veini would have played well in this game we would of had two goalies with good confidence hitting the playoffs.

king89

Dec 4, 2018
I understand. The thing is that i believe there is a chance that Sweden could be cocky and not do the job just because their roster is packed. They have a great roster but the skill level is not on Russias level. Pettersson and Nylander, but the others need to be working hard. Kempe brothers, Hörnqvist, Landeskog etc.
I just think it could be a mental game and give us a little advantage. I just know the Swiss would never underrate Finland but they still have that skill in 2 lines when Finland only have Kakko.
Luostarinens injury is so unfortunate. I know he has not produced that much but he is such a hard working, well skating center. Things that are even more important in the playoffs.
Yes that could happen, but i still think we have a bigger chance against Schweiz. Yeah Luostarinen was one of our best players.

If we lose to Sweden than my Sweden friends will mock me until the next WC :DD

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Yes that could happen, but i still think we have a bigger chance against Schweiz. Yeah Luostarinen was one of our best players.
One more thing, both Berra and Genoni has been really good in this tournament and are going under the radar just because of Lundqvist and Vasilievsky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad