GDT: Group A - May 20 - France vs Great Britain

ottawarenegader613

May 27, 2016
Great to see that Ben Davies recovered from the earlier mental error on the breakaway with the game winning goal in OT to get the Brits to stay in the main group and send France to relegation. Congratulations GB, I look forward to seeing your team play with the big boys in next year's WHC in Switzerland.

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
brake on French hockey developpment program

I remember explaining here why it was the year of all dangers for France...Unfortunately I was right even if the relegation game was so close

We are a better team than GB no brainer but too inexperimented and lacking energy at the end of the game (playing two games in less than 24h is not really fair thanks to the iihf schedule)

member 305909

I remember explaining here why it was the year of all dangers for France...Unfortunately I was right even if the relegation game was so close

We are a better team than GB no brainer but too inexperimented and lacking energy at the end of the game (playing two games in less than 24h is not really fair thanks to the iihf schedule)

Nah, you'll be back in 2021, No doubt about it.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia

Every team gets to play some consecutive games in their schedule, it's like that on every tournament. Teams have to be ready for that.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
20-5-2019 20-03-40.jpg

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Too bad for France, they didn't have their NHLers, Auvitu and S. Da Costa and it's showing. Well, refreshing to see some additional rotation among the promoted and relegated teams I suppose.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
What did Fleury actually do on this overtime-goal? This is a mistake which shouldn't happen to an experienced player like him.

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
Up to this point, from what I've seen and just looking at the scorelines, this has been a pretty dire tournament that needs some competitive games and "fun" surprises to salvage it. Good on Great Britain, and good for the tournament, for providing something that was desperately needed.

Over the years France has managed to become relatively competitive at this level, has pulled off some pretty big upsets, and has done so by producing their own players and not naturalizing a bunch of Canadians, so it's somewhat unfortunate to see them go down.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad