GDT: Group A - May 20 - France vs Great Britain

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Bring back Henderson out of retirement
Maybe it just needs time to implement new system, also when your co-leader is Bertrand not really excelling right now, it’s not good.
But even to me it looked like Bozon had strange decisions sometimes.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Feel this win is really good for hockey in Europe, there is for sure potential for the sport in the UK. Plus the fans are always passionate and make for a great atmosphere. Happy they stayed in.

I don't know much about British hockey, but just going by this site the British fans seem pretty hardcore while I've barely seen any French fans at all. That makes you happy for the Brits right now.

Reactions: ukyote and Walrus26

unknownbrother

Apr 1, 2015
UK
I don't know much about British hockey, but just going by this site the British fans seem pretty hardcore while I've barely seen any French fans at all. That makes you happy for the Brits right now.

Not to mention the thousand fans in Kosice who never stopped singing and cheering while we were being beaten heavily. I'm sad I didn't go. Have to go to Switzerland next year.

Reactions: ukyote and Walrus26

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
France blew the Denmark game and then went up 3-0 today and couldn't get it done. Happy for GB...France will have a good chance to bounce right back.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Not to beat down on the relegated side, but man was that some abysmal defending from the French d-men in pretty much all of those three comeback goals. With the first, the French number #4 looks like he doesn't give half a bean even before the puck is in the net; with the second, they completely fail to see the Brit by the side of the net, leaving him wide open; and with the third, the French #13 plays himself out of the position all by himself.

All of those could have been prevented. And even if some wouldn't have been, what's on display is still way less effort than what is acceptable.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
I watched the highlights and was amazed by how many British fans there were at the arena. Do you have any estimates of the actual number?

MexicoJoe

May 12, 2019
Is that some well known British chant or are they singing "we're the s#!t"? That has a different meaning in English and it pretty much means "best".
No, football (soccer) fans usually sing “you’re shit, and you know you are” to other teams fans. Its just a play on words so to speak.

GBHockey

Jun 2, 2018
French players and fans were allegedly quite hostile towards GB fans last night unfortunately. Heard the same stuff from about 5 different people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->