Euro: Group A: Italy vs. Turkey, 6/11/2021

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Turkey dropped a deuce. They have the mettle in qualifiers but when the big tournament rolls around ('02 the exception) they sink like a stone.

My friend moved to Milan for a work assignment. First generation Italian-American. Happy he was able to travel to Rome for the game.

They did allright in 2008

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
As I’ve mentioned, I grew up extremely much influenced by both Italian and Portuguese cultures, and they make up the majority of my friend group to this day.

I just can’t understand my Italian pisanos right now. A four star jersey makes a great return to international tournament football abd none of them seem to care.

Slap them silly

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
What a shit game by Turkey. I don't think I've seen them this bad. Did they even make 2 passes? They could not even get the ball over half.

They might have my vote as the worst team in the tournament.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
Yeah, the last one was super embarrassing. Ventura should have been shot in the middle of the field . I am the only Italian within my inner circle of friends. I got a lot of ribbing.

Was it really that embarrassing? They finished first in the group, beat Spain, and lost to Germany in a shootout.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
- Turkey played that match like they knew they were playing against a better team and would surrender by multiple goals. Pathetic display, but also we can't complain since all their best players play for Germany anyway.

- Italia has one of the most beautiful and iconic flags/colours in the world and they go for the all white kit? Just rubbish

- That VW opening was seriously....yeah.....AF lol.

Wasn't there a bloke who predicted like 70% of the World Cup matches (I believe it was the one in South Africa) one time claiming that the sport is rigged or something?

Reactions: Power Man

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
- Turkey played that match like they knew they were playing against a better team and would surrender by multiple goals. Pathetic display, but also we can't complain since all their best players play for Germany anyway.

- Italia has one of the most beautiful and iconic flags/colours in the world and they go for the all white kit? Just rubbish

- That VW opening was seriously....yeah.....AF lol.

Wasn't there a bloke who predicted like 70% of the World Cup matches (I believe it was the one in South Africa) one time claiming that the sport is rigged or something?

We were the visiting team....strange but true.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

I didn't like them very much either, but we all know that Italy's main football colour is blue, which has absolutely no relation to their flag, so :dunno:

Are you thinking of Paul the Octopus? (RIP :()

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
I didn't like them very much either, but we all know that Italy's main football colour is blue, which has absolutely no relation to their flag, so :dunno:

The shirt is blue because it was the color of the Royal House, that is the Savoy.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
The shirt is blue because it was the color of the Royal House, that is the Savoy.

I'm not saying it has no basis, but he was specifically referencing the Italian flag and how it's a pity their jersey wasn't based on it, yet specifically targetted the white jerseys when white technically is on the flag while their main colour blue isn't, so just pointing out the bizarreness of the argument

Reactions: Incubajerks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad