Euro: Group A: Italy vs. Turkey, 6/11/2021

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Italy has a very good midfield this time around. Turkey is a young team, but how good?

The game is in Rome, so there's also a competitive advantage in Italy's favor here. But I don't know what the starting teams are going to be so I didn't post them.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
What kind of numbers are they letting attend the game?

Roughly 16K

Will be a tight game, Turkey gave France problems in qualifying but aren’t in the same form as 2019 judging by their NL and friendly results. Both teams to score though

Reactions: maclean

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Finally I go back to see a game with friends, I don't know what to expect from this team, but the feeling is that Mancini has done a good job so far. Let's see if he can pick some fruit. I don't think we have the cards to win the tournament, personally I'd be happy to get to the quarterfinals, obviously the semifinal would be a great result. Honestly for the moment I'm just happy to have a pizza with my friends and to see the game.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I think Group A is one of the toughest to predict.

Italy and Turkey will likely be the two going through, however, Wales and Switzerland have the potential to cause some carnage here.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Rooting for turkey, but expecting them to do some dumb things that allow Italy to take this pretty comfortably.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
This is the best Italy squad since 2006 and with Mancini in charge and their recent form I think they'll actually avoid the usual slow start to the tournament. Trying to temper my expectations but this is a really exciting team with lots of talent throughout the lineup.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I forgot this was on today but this was exactly the distraction I needed to take my mind away from the infuriating coaching/roster of the Leafs and the coaching of the Avs I just had to endure.

Just trying to find some team previews since I haven't followed any leagues outside the Prem the past few years. TheGuardian still the best source?

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Me too. Curious to see who they field. Hopefully Belotti plays.

Ciro, Insigne and Berardi. Locatelli, Jorginho and Barella, Bonucchi, Chiellini, Florenzi and Spina. Donna as GK.

Cakir; Celik, Soyuncu, Demiral, Meras; Yokuslu, Kaan; Karaman, Calhanoglu, Yazici; Yilmaz.

Plenty of Turkish flag downtown, nice atmosphere, i hope to escape from work any minute from now.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I can never cheer for Turkey after the way they eliminated us in the last minute in the 2008 Euro, but I've had a problem with Italy too since they won the 2006 WC with what I found to be very anti-football tactics, so I dunno, high-scoring draw maybe? But I'd be better off betting on a 0-0 snoozefest in classic opener style.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I can never cheer for Turkey after the way they eliminated us in the last minute in the 2008 Euro, but I've had a problem with Italy too since they won the 2006 WC with what I found to be very anti-football tactics, so I dunno, high-scoring draw maybe? But I'd be better off betting on a 0-0 snoozefest in classic opener style.
Did they use weapons or something, aside from maybe Zidane’s cranium?

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
The Australia game was messed up. They probably could’ve gone out there without some dubious officiating. They played a fantastic semi vs Germany in Dortmund. Was it Dortmund?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad