Euro: Group A: Italy vs. Turkey, 6/11/2021

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
I'm not saying it has no basis, but he was specifically referencing the Italian flag and how it's a pity their jersey wasn't based on it, yet specifically targetted the white jerseys when white technically is on the flag while their main colour blue isn't, so just pointing out the bizarreness of the argument

Yes, of course I understood, it would have been curious to see a t-shirt with the tricolor, which, however, was officially adopted as a flag just before the 1950s. Then you know, changing a tradition in Italy is impossible.

Elvis P

Everybody on the whole cell block
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
italy-turkey-euro-2020.webp

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
We were the visiting team....strange but true.
Wow, that's some intense crowd advantage for being the away team. :sarcasm:

I didn't like them very much either, but we all know that Italy's main football colour is blue, which has absolutely no relation to their flag, so :dunno:

Are you thinking of Paul the Octopus? (RIP :()
I mean I absolutely love that Italy's flag is G, W, R, and that they wear blue.

I forgot his name, but he was legendary. Trying to use my memory, it might've been the Brasil World Cup instead and no it wasn't an actual Octopus. It was some bloke on twitter and he seriously had the winner including the score correct for a good three/fourths of the matches and kept pouting about how the sport was match fixed and he was given this data by an "insider" at FIFA.

Italy wore the whites because they were the designated away team.
No mate, it's not white as being the main colour, it's that the entire kit is so damn plain it was like I was watching Suisse play (who probably have the blandest kits for either football or hockey). You have the Italian flag with royal blue and you wear everything just plain white. Bad decision.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
I find your gripe to be really strange. Italy has been all whites and all blues for decades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad