GDT: Group A • Dec. 30 • United States 4, Germany 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Really wish we would finish more of our chances but you really just have to tip your hat to Treutle tonight. I guess it's more important to get the chances.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Impressed with the game overall but they mailed it in again for the 3rd which I don't like. I'd like to see the killer instinct.

....no, no Dave Starman our goal differential wasn't -1 coming into this game. :facepalm:

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Nice win. I would have liked to score more, but the fact that we got so many chances is very promising. Germany's goalie kept this game from being a laugher. Our defense also played very well again, blocking many shots to keep Campbell fresh.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I hadn't seen Callahan before this tourney, and I'm coming away pretty impressed. I was worried that he's just piling up points riding shotgun with more talented guys in the dub, but he's looked pretty good in that respect. Maybe not a scoring line guy, but a player like Abdelkader who can still score if he gets a chance.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Impressed with the game overall but they mailed it in again for the 3rd which I don't like. I'd like to see the killer instinct.

Ive been watching the U17 tournament and in both their last two games they've done the exact same thing. That's four straight US junior games where they've dominated the first part of the game only to go to sleep during the second. It's beyond frustrating to watch and I hope the trend doesn't continue 'cause if it does we'll see both these teams miss out in the medal rounds.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
This tournament is the first time i've see Charlie Coyle, and I'm impressed with this kid.

So am I. Best player for Team USA so far for me. Big, strong, great along the boards, great puck protection, good skater, good hands, good passer, and drives the net hard. I had high expectations given his great summer camp and start to the year with BU and he hasn't disappointed. I'll say it again...San Jose got a huge steal at #28.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Ive been watching the U17 tournament and in both their last two games they've done the exact same thing. That's four straight US junior games where they've dominated the first part of the game only to go to sleep during the second. It's beyond frustrating to watch and I hope the trend doesn't continue 'cause if it does we'll see both these teams miss out in the medal rounds.

Hopefully the staff will make it a point of emphasis against the Swiss to finish out the round robin game. You have to finish these games strong no matter the opponent to set the tempo for the rest of the tournament. It could prove worrisome if they think they will just turn it on against a Sweden or Canada if they need to finish off the game.

Fortheloveofthegame

Mar 18, 2008
USA
So am I. Best player for Team USA so far for me. Big, strong, great along the boards, great puck protection, good skater, good hands, good passer, and drives the net hard. I had high expectations given his great summer camp and start to the year with BU and he hasn't disappointed. I'll say it again...San Jose got a huge steal at #28.

Pierre McGuire has a MAN CRUSH, on a USA player!

Diehardfan419

Jul 24, 2005
Branchburg, NJ

....no, no Dave Starman our goal differential wasn't -1 coming into this game. :facepalm:

That isnt what he meant. He meant in comparison to Finlands total goals scored. He was talking about tiebreaking stuff, etc.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA

he played great during the summer camp too, so im not surprised. i am surprised that he looks like one of the top 5 best players on the team.

Pierre McGuire has a MAN CRUSH, on a USA player!

i'm so glad i got to hear the TSN feed. Pierre and Bob Mckenzie loved Coyle tonight. great game by #3.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Potential draft round for Treutle?

I think he was eligible last year and went undrafted, so I think his chances to be drafted at all are slim at best. Maybe someone will take a chance in the 6th or 7th round, but personally I doubt it.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

I didn't see the lack of pressure you're inferring. I think the U.S. respected it's opponent and stayed the course the entire game. Complete domination in all three zones. As Allain said, it would have been nice to finish a few more chances, but otherwise it was a great team effort.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
I think he was eligible last year and went undrafted, so I think his chances to be drafted at all are slim at best. Maybe someone will take a chance in the 6th or 7th round, but personally I doubt it.

I wouldn't count on it either, then again, Stefaniszin was in the same situation a few years ago. Undrafted - twice I think - before having a really good WJC and getting drafted by Anaheim because of it.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I didn't see the lack of pressure you're inferring. I think the U.S. respected it's opponent and stayed the course the entire game. Complete domination in all three zones. As Allain said, it would have been nice to finish a few more chances, but otherwise it was a great team effort.

There was definitely a drop off in play between the two halfs of the game. Perhaps not necessarily in effort as much as thought process and execution. Plays and scoring chances weren't being created at the same level. It didn't matter with a severely over matched opponent like in the last two games but it will against the teams they'll be facing in the important games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad