GDT: Group A • Dec. 30 • United States 4, Germany 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Somebody needs to tell Merrill you don't have to fake the shot and give it back to Faulk everytime. Yeah, he's got the huge shot, but they're just sitting on it because they don't think Merrill will shoot it.

In Exisle

Nov 24, 2006
Boston, MA
I'm pretty concerned about how all the returning forwards seemed to have become black holes with the puck over the course of a year.

In Exisle

Nov 24, 2006
Boston, MA
Iles is a damn fine goalie himself.

Hopefully we can get one more here in the 2nd to give Allain a little more confidence and Andy can start the 3rd.

Didn't mean for it to read as dismissing Iles.

I'd like to have seen Iles see some ice in the event of an emergency later in the tournament.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Merrill is one of those guys you have to watch a lot to really appreciate his game since there's nothing flashy about his play. Much like how everyone that watches Nashville regularly agrees Suter > Weber but the national media only sees the big slap shot or hit and says Weber > Suter. Granted, Merrill had two poor games to start the tournament but he'll pick it up.

Yeah that's exactly the way I saw it, he'll probably continue to grow on ya because there definitely isn't anything flashy you see right off the bat. I've never seen Brandon Gormley play Merrill is basically a spitting image of what I'd expect out of Gormley based on what I've heard and the few clips I've seen.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Didn't mean for it to read as dismissing Iles.

I'd like to have seen Iles see some ice in the event of an emergency later in the tournament.

I know. Campbell and Iles are both really good friends too so I don't think Jack would mind at all. He's probably Andy's biggest supporter there.

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
flyersguy33.....i have to ask....what are you referring to with 15U? maybe the same thing my old name (americansoldier15u) meant? if not, then disregard lol.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Yeah that's exactly the way I saw it, he'll probably continue to grow on ya because there definitely isn't anything flashy you see right off the bat. I've never seen Brandon Gormley play Merrill is basically a spitting image of what I'd expect out of Gormley based on what I've heard and the few clips I've seen.

Merrill really reminds me of someone else on Team USA in Brian Dumoulin. I think Merrill has more overall upside, especially on offense, but they're very similar players.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I hope the team finishes this game strong unlike against Slovakia. They had already mailed it in for the 3rd period last game. Tighten up even more defensively. Finish the donut. Score more. Lets go!

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
I hope the team finishes this game strong unlike against Slovakia. They had already mailed it in for the 3rd period last game. Tighten up even more defensively. Finish the donut. Score more. Lets go!

same for germany. i'd like to see a strong finish regardless. more chances, more shots and less penalties. 20min of intense game to prepare for a tough relegation round.

some german kids can play the game, it's time for them to show something. too much hiding behind teamplay. no one has the guts to try something.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002

That's what I'm hoping for. Keep up the momentum as that's what they'll have to be ready to do in the medal round.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
same for germany. i'd like to see a strong finish regardless. more chances, more shots and less penalties. 20min of intense game to prepare for a tough relegation round.

some german kids can play the game, it's time for them to show something. too much hiding behind teamplay. no one has the guts to try something.

I agree. I think they should open it up a little more. Sure, it may result in more goals against but as you said, you're preparing for the rest of the tournament. I know they have their system and they have to play within it but they're almost too passive, even for the system.

I was a little impressed with Norway against Canada. They played better than the score indicated for the first 2 periods. I think Germany can survive relegation. I hope they do.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
I agree. I think they should open it up a little more. Sure, it may result in more goals against but as you said, you're preparing for the rest of the tournament. I know they have their system and they have to play within it but they're almost too passive, even for the system.

kuehnhackl and rieder are able to play hockey in the CHL. they can score. so they should at least try to get a goal in this game. the result is not important, but in relegation round it's very important to finally score. if they get a chance to score against the US, it might help them to realize that they can score in relegation round too. so far the offense is just bad.

I was a little impressed with Norway against Canada. They played better than the score indicated for the first 2 periods. I think Germany can survive relegation. I hope they do.

norway is heart and passion. close game vs czechs, today against russia and the game vs canada i really liked. that's how a team plays that believes in its own strengths even though they have no chance of winning. norway will defeat germany if the germans don't start to play what they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad