GDT: Group A • Dec. 29 • Finland 5, Germany 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Hoping to find some streams. Are you guys gonna be able to watch this one on Finnish tv?

Cosmojam

Jul 8, 2009
Turku
Ortio will play against Germany even though this could have been a good chance to try Aittokallio. Some expectations for Finland:

- More PP opporturnities than in previous games
- Scoring chances must be utilized better
- Vatanen helping the team offensively
- Armia showing some skills and scoring a goal or two
- Ortio playing good and hopefully keeping his net empty
- Nättinen couple of hard hits and leading the team with his effort

Should be a piece of cake for Finland, but you never know what happens. Finland needs to take the lead, and keep Germany in a good distance on the scoring board.

PJM

Feb 18, 2006
Jesse Virtanen = Jesse Smith :D

o_O

That's just weird.. WTF?!

I guess they both are the most common surname, Finnish and English. Or actually, Virtanen used to be the most common in Finland for a long time. Doesn't make much sense to translate like that, but that's the only connection that I could think of.

I kind of understand why they have not done any changes to the lineup, but like others have written, this would have been the best chance to let Aittokallio, Määttä and Salomäki play. Of course it could be that at least the skaters will see some ice time after all. If not, then we better hope there will be no injuries during the tournament.

sirMcDuck

Feb 19, 2006
Yep.. you can only see this game from ppv-channel but you can also see it from internet for charge of 5 euros. Maybe somebody can put some instructions to non-finnish viewers (and who have a creditcard).

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
True,

thanks!!!!

Ye, says it won't work for my region.

All good though,

good Finland!!!!!

Final score:

Finland 5, Germany 1.

Armia with two goals tonight!

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
I was going to buy the games but the problem is I cant register because I don't have a Finnish phone number... Took me forever to try and translate the finnish registration especially since i had to go through a Finnish proxy...

cenas*

Rissanen with an useless htiting from behind penalty..

Germany already proven to be a better team than the Swiss.

FinnswissX

May 20, 2005
Finns are taking too many penalties what's the matter with them? 2+10 minutes for Rissanen.
Against Switzerland they played disciplined.

cenas*

Rieder almost scored after a beautiful attack from the Germans.. Switzerland probably never managed to pull even one of those.

cenas*

Finland playing atrocious, but gets the lead 1-0.

Armia redirects with his body.. or more like it hits him on the way to the goal..

kitsumo

Unregistered User
Jan 24, 2010
Germany dominates and Finns strike with lucky goal. Not what I had expected.

//
Well looks like Nattinen redirected it so more like nice play by him than lucky one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad