wca.gif
Pat Smith|Referee
wua.gif
Andrii Kicha|Linesman
wca.gif
Jesse Wilmot|Linesman

Last edited:

Pyke*

Critical game for the Finns. The Germans have taken some good teams deep, while the Finns need to get all the points they can in what will be a tough race. I truly believe if the Finns want to be in the medal contention they need to win their remaining games and hope someone knocks off the Americans (Switzerland being the favourite for that duty at this point).

I can't see Finland squeaking past any of Canada/Russia/Sweden so...

MMANumminen

May 7, 2010
Political prisoner
After 2 games I've seen I say this years Finnish team has tools to beat anyone. Swiss couldn't get out of their zone for 60 minutes and the USA game was even.

Anything else than win against CAN/RUS/SWE is big disappointment

And if Germany wins today I will eat a hatful of ****

The lines seems to be the same...I was hoping some icetime to Salomäki and Määttä and maybe Aittokallio to goal...

too many hours to the game...

SUOMI! :handclap:SUOMI!:handclap: SUOMI!:handclap:

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC

I don't see anyone beating Canada, Sweden is always a big hurdle for the Finns but I think they have every chance to beat Russia. I think people have gave them far too little credit here and I feel they are underrated here while Switzerland is grossly overrated.

FinnswissX

May 20, 2005
I think the Finns should win this game quite easily but possibly I underestimate the Germans. I don't know how good the German defense is because the Finns are often not very efficient in scoring.

On the other side the Germans have so far a scoring average of 2 per game and received 3 goals per game so far. Statistically the Finns look much better than the Germans and Germany played until now only against weaker teams. The Finns had already a very strong opponent the USA.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Since I've seen only one match (FIN-SUI), how has Rissanen looked overall?

Bbird80

Oct 2, 2005
2-1.

Vatanen and Armia scores for Finland and Kühnhackl jr scores for the Gerries.

I second this. It's about time Vatanen generates some offence. A heavy shot on PP maybe? Or an assist after the rebound...

Armia has been close to scoring on several occasions already, so maybe tonight's his night? I'd like to see Armia with Haula and Rissanen and move Pulkkinen in the first/second line with Rajala and Nättinen. And Määttä should see some icetime tonight!

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
I don't know how good the German defense is

the defense is awful. but since finnish teams usually struggle to score, the biggest question is who will be between the pipes for germany and if the goalie has a good or bad day. i think it's time for germany to start treutle.

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009

We can take Russia or Czechs but Canada or Sweden... no thanks.

As for the game: 4-0 Finland and Armia "finally" scores.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
He's been decent, not great. Good positioning and doesn't make too many mistakes.

Thanks.

My prediction for the game: 5-1 Finland wins. I would love to see Aittokallio in the net.

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
Thanks.

My prediction for the game: 5-1 Finland wins. I would love to see Aittokallio in the net.

I think we need to get all the points we can and goal differential is the tiebreaker so as much as i'd like to see him too (haven't seen alot of Aittokallio) I think it would be better to go with Ortio.. Aittokallio looked pretty shaky in the third against canada in the exhibition (granted he came in cold)

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
I think we need to get all the points we can and goal differential is the tiebreaker so as much as i'd like to see him too (haven't seen alot of Aittokallio) I think it would be better to go with Ortio.. Aittokallio looked pretty shaky in the third against canada in the exhibition (granted he came in cold)

Yeah but you may want to rest your #1 goalie for the important games. I think as long as Aittokallio stays awake in net he will make the required stops here.

EVL

Jan 18, 2010
Wien
As far as I know the rules it might not make a big difference for the Germans if they win this game or not because I don't think that they are able to beat two top-6 teams in succession like the Finns or the USA. But if they would win today there is still the problem that they lost against SUI and SVK and at least one will very likely have more points or at least the same amount of points and in this cases Germany has to play relegation anyway and points against Finnland or the US don't help in the relegation round as I know. And it is not most likely that the Finns or the States will play relegation instead. My bet for today is 4-2 for the Finns (unfortunately).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad