Post-Game Talk: Grounded! Pens-5, Jets-3

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Game should have went into OT, refs blatantly missed the Pens with too many men on the ice which lead to a goal. No penalties too is odd for the Pens, especially for team #2 in penalty minutes. It is what it is.

Right. It was a total conspiracy to ensure the Jets win streak ended on this particular night.

DawgPens

Jul 10, 2012
Athens, GA
His skating is light years ahead of where it was when he was drafted. I thought he may bust because of it. Then by the time he got to WBS his skating was a strength.

Tonight is the first time I've seen him skate that poorly and be so weak on the puck. Pissed me off. He looked like Sutter on the boards.

Maybe he's injured again, but didn't tell anybody because he wanted to make that 10 game healthy streak ...

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Game should have went into OT, refs blatantly missed the Pens with too many men on the ice which lead to a goal. No penalties too is odd for the Pens, especially for team #2 in penalty minutes. It is what it is.

my gosh! YOU'RE RIGHT. WE'RE REPLAYING THE GAME RIGHT NOW, GET THE JETS BACK TO CEC

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Wait, wait, wait, the Pens are #2 in penalty minutes and not #1? I'm so proud. :amazed:

NHL refs are incompetent, shocking, I know. Maybe the #2 (still so proud they're not #1) in penalty minutes team feels it regularly.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
+ Letang, hes having a bounce back year from last year, but i'm still concerned about his ability to stay healthy, he seems to take big hits every game.

+ BB, for staying healthy, hopefully he can keep it going.

+ refs, sometimes the calls goes your way, sometimes they don't, they definitly went the pens way last night.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
The refs missed an elbow by Little and a stick hook to the neck, those hurt, by Trouba after the Pens scored goals.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
The refs missed an elbow by Little and a stick hook to the neck, those hurt, by Trouba after the Pens scored goals.

Holly crap - better let someone know the refs actually missed a call on the Jets! At least 10 missed calls on the Pens, a phantom call on Lowry in the third leads to a PP goal, and a too many men call (by fricken 25 feet) missed on Pitts second goal -- I'd say we were sufficiently jobbed again.

Refs are out to get Wpg all year -- yes we have 26 more penalties than you guys, so yes you're # 2. Call us dirty if you'd like & explain that to Philly & the rest of the goon squads next time you play them ok.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Holly crap - better let someone know the refs actually missed a call on the Jets! At least 10 missed calls on the Pens, a phantom call on Lowry in the third leads to a PP goal, and a too many men call (by fricken 25 feet) missed on Pitts second goal -- I'd say we were sufficiently jobbed again.

Refs are out to get Wpg all year -- yes we have 26 more penalties than you guys, so yes you're # 2. Call us dirty if you'd like & explain that to Philly & the rest of the goon squads next time you play them ok.

Oh boy, welcome to the Pittsburgh board, if there's something we have in excess, it's pity for you!

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yes I see a lot of pity expressed with all the comments about how dirty a team we are. Oh by the way, I like the "skill" you guys added with Laperriere to accompany Downie out there.

Refs miss calls, welcome to the NHL.

Good teams overcome it. That isn't a jab at the Jets. The Pens are super guilty of collapsing after a call doesn't go our way as well.

Also, don't go on other teams boards and *****. Pens fans for the most part love the Jets style of play and are mainly jealous you have big bodied, physical forwards that can score.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Yes I see a lot of pity expressed with all the comments about how dirty a team we are. Oh by the way, I like the "skill" you guys added with Laperriere to accompany Downie out there.

well, we wanted to get better at hitting people after the puck goes in the net, but we couldn't afford Brooks Orpik and you guys wouldn't trade us Pavelec.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014

:nopity: Im sure you know what that represents.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
I might be late to this convo, but the Jets did end up on the bad side of some calls last night. You had a borderline too many men play on one goal. This was followed by the Perron goal that would have been waived off by 50% of the league's officials. Then there was a ticky tacky penalty called on them in the offensive zone (a run of the mill "slash" that broke Beau's stick) which led to us taking the 2 goal lead near the end of the game.

I wouldn't say they were "jobbed." I'd say they were just on the bad side of a lot of 50/50 calls.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009

Good. Then they both can score on you if we meet again?

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Great stuff by Letang, 5 helpers. Interesting that several innocuous posts on the Letang thread on main board, stating how good Kris was, were deleted. While non topic posts about the refs and Perron were allowed to stand. Not a surprise. Doesn't fit the hive mind anti Pens bias.

Will be interesting to see what the Jets do sith their goaltending situation going forward. Hard to believe they will continue to go with Pavelic. Hutchinson looks like the real deal, and they are going to need every point they can get.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724

How was that a "phantom" call on Lowry? He hit Downie when he didn't have the puck. That's interference jack.

I might be late to this convo, but the Jets did end up on the bad side of some calls last night. You had a borderline too many men play on one goal. This was followed by the Perron goal that would have been waived off by 50% of the league's officials. Then there was a ticky tacky penalty called on them in the offensive zone (a run of the mill "slash" that broke Beau's stick) which led to us taking the 2 goal lead near the end of the game.

I wouldn't say they were "jobbed." I'd say they were just on the bad side of a lot of 50/50 calls.

A few calls could have gone their way for sure. Don't see why the Perron goal would have been waived off by 50% of refs though. Play wasn't dead and he poked it from between Pavelec's pads. Not a single thing wrong with that goal.

The problem the Jets had last night was that they were outplayed by the Penguins without Crosby and Malkin. No excuse for that. Refs ignored quite a few blatant crosschecks and slashes on the Jets as well, half of them took place after the whistle.

I don't know why a Jets fan would come here and expect sympathy anyway.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Can someone explain to me, in a straightforward non-bull****ty way, what exactly was wrong with Perron's goal? Didn't they even review it... because of the linesman on the other side of the rink?

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
How was that a "phantom" call on Lowry? He hit Downie when he didn't have the puck. That's interference jack.

A few calls could have gone their way for sure. Don't see why the Perron goal would have been waived off by 50% of refs though. Play wasn't dead and he poked it from between Pavelec's pads. Not a single thing wrong with that goal.

The problem the Jets had last night was that they were outplayed by the Penguins without Crosby and Malkin. No excuse for that. Refs ignored quite a few blatant crosschecks and slashes on the Jets as well, half of them took place after the whistle.

I don't know why a Jets fan would come here and expect sympathy anyway.

I thought the call on Lowry was charging (not interference) - the actions of a player or goalkeeper who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner.

I thought it could have gone either way. but I didn't see the replay and how far he traveled. I don't know why the Perron goal would have been reversed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad