Post-Game Talk: Grounded! Pens-5, Jets-3

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
If Malkin doesn't play that will be a tough lineup to win with. I have a weird feeling that whether Geno plays or not we'll still win that game, though. Feels like we're due I guess.

Ahem

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
My +'s go to Sutter and Adams. You two have accomplished what many a man has attempted and failed. You both get paid Millions for doing nothing. Well done boys, well done indeed. Somewhere tonight George Costanza smiles in admiration.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
+++++ Kris Letang. What a game for him.

+ Perron, Hornqvist, Despres

+ Good team win.

Someone needs to rip the 'A' off of Kunitz and hand it to Letang immediately.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Geno being injured could be a blessing in disguise in that we'll get to see Horny-Sid-Perron.

Obviously want Geno back and healthy too but if that line gels then that would just be tasty.

We'll probably still just see Kunitz-Sid-Perron though.

NHL.com has Letang with 4 assists.

Yeah and the goal replay isn't up yet so I can't tell if that's true or not

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
+++ This was big for them, build on it
++ Letang had something good knocked into him
+ Top 6 wingers showed up because they have them. :heart:

- Crosby was invisible except for the awful breakaway attempt.

For real, though.
- Kunitz has got to go
- Sutter needs a kick in the ass
- Johnston with the 4th line at the end

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Charachter builder against a very good hockey team.

This is what would've happened if we scored 2 PP goals against the Flyers.

This game is the example of not getting caught up with the extra-curriculars and making them pay.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Pens are cup contenders with everyone healthy. This board melts down not fully understanding the absolute depth of our devastating injuries. When they are healthy, we are the best team in the NHL, or at minimum top 3.

deathtouchtrample

May 5, 2014
Kinda expected they'd win just cause they always do with 871 out and Pavs was in. Played *** great though. The hell did Andrew Ebbett do during the break? Get some German stem cells from Kobe Bryant? He looked better than I've ever seen him the first two periods. Also seems like Spaling is way better at center than wing. Hornqvist started pretty bad but was back to old Horny in the 3rd so that's encouraging. Perron and Letang!

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
DP, Letang and PH were incredible. Downie and Martin pretty good too. I doubt we had a scoring chance that wasn't directly caused by one of those five.

Isolated on Lowry all game. We can forget about acquiring him. He's not a big role player. He's a star waiting for his moment to shine. Keith Primeau part 2.

I pity whichever western team draws the Jets in the first round.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
+ Letang. 4 assists tonight
+ Hornqvist. team really missed his presence
+ Perron.
+ team effort. was a little lackluster in the 2nd but a hard working effort by the entire team. it's actually a little frustrating how it takes malkin/crosby being out for the passenger players to step up.
+ no injuries?
= Greiss. rusty.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Loved the way we played the game today. Organised, did a waaaay better job of picking up assignments appropriately and went to the NET. Play the same way with a full lineup, with about 10% higher pace and Fleury playing well and we'll go far. We got beat up a lot, but we didn't respond and the refs gave us the benefit of the doubt. We also had a slump in the middle of the game, but we played very well in the 3rd.

+++ Tanger
+++ Horny
++ Perron
++ Martin

Greiss, Sutter, kuni had average games, but cbf complaining today. Despres was clearly still quite ill on the bench. He's going to be great once he's feeling better. Single handedly made a lot of 4th line shifts positive.

Can I say, Adams has been way, way better since Malkin caved his face in. He's still only a borderline NHLer and sees too much ice, but he's actually skating and making hits now.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Perron, Horny, and Letang were the team tonight. I thought all three played like huge stars. HUGE difference makers.

The next level of good players goes to Beau, Despres, Martin, and a few others. Really good stuff by those guys, too.

REALLY disappointed in Kunitz/Sutter. I hate being that guy,but I want both off the team. They are not worth having. I'd trade their "status" for guys who can help this team with character and toughness.

CrozJawz*

This game makes it an easy decision for GMJR, trade Sid and Geno NOW...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad