Gritty Accused of Punching 13 Year Old (UPD: No Criminal Charges to be Pursued)

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
For to demonstrate what might be the horror scenario if "Hit the Gritty night for kids" isn't organized properly, and it gets escalated.

Don't know the real story, nor I feel too interested. Probably some tired kid couldn't stay on a seat, ran uncontrollably, and then gritty's elbow hit the kid, and then kid cried, and then mom got angry, and aunt went in to a state of moral panic, and then twitter went nuts, and then...

You know.
You’re worried that the children will hang Gritty?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
The picture in question:

OV7RJV7CFFAEXC4IYCAJQBXRTE.jpg

Article

maybe gritty mistook him for a hughes brother

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
You’re worried that the children will hang Gritty?

Lol. No.

Just idle sh*t-talking on my side. You must feed the hype. With these kind "news phenoms" its largely irrelevant what actually happened as long as the stuff bubbles. ;)

I'm also tired. Association chain in my mind goes wild. Show some grit. :D

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Boy. I’m surprised the police tracked him down so quickly. You’d think a guy dressed as Gritty would be tough to pick out in a crowd.
Police to the kid: ‘Did you notice any identifying characteristics like say a mole or a tattoo?’

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
What happened to the other thread?

Anyway, Gritty's handler looks like a Secret Service agent. This is his fault.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
How many stitches that kid got? Any bruises? Black eye? Is he under concussion protocol?

Nothing would possibly be more cool than bragging rights in the adulthood "how I was beaten by the Mascot". Imagine how much ***** you could get with such story. :sarcasm:

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
How many stitches that kid got? Any bruises? Black eye? Is he under concussion protocol?

Nothing would possibly be more cool than bragging rights in the adulthood "how I was beaten by the Mascot". Imagine how much ***** you could get with such story. :sarcasm:

It's Philly. The other kids would probably just call him a ***** for getting beat up by Gritty, call his parents ******s for suing Gritty, and then stuff him into a locker.

Bless Philly, may it never change.

Reactions: Se829ne

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Greenwell said he took his son to see a chiropractor about a week after the incident. The chiropractor noted that Brandon suffered from mild pain, and diagnosed him with a back bruise, or a “contusion to lower thoracic spine with subluxation,” according to documents from the chiropractor, provided by Greenwell.
100% quackery.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Normally i would agree. This is Philly though. A city that put up a statue of a fictional boxer rather then Joe Fraser an actual Philly legend. Philly is weird man.

In addition to the simple logic that a camera or fan would have witnessed it, the article itself states the incident was thoroughly investigated and the police found nothing to support the claim. In addition to no evidence being put into court.

Sure though, let your biases and irrational dislikes overrule common sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad