Prospect Info: Grigori Denisenko (2018, #15 overall), Lokomotiv Yaroslavl (KHL), signed ELC 5/5/20

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
did he get sent down to the mhl? I see he has an mhl game played this season buy not sure when it was.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
No. He's playing tonight on the first line with Kontiola and Loktionov
That's encouraging considering the lack of minutes he's been getting. Maybe they realize he needs to be put in a top 6 role in order to best utilise his skills?

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
That's encouraging considering the lack of minutes he's been getting. Maybe they realize he needs to be put in a top 6 role in order to best utilise his skills?

I Agree with you. In todays Game, he played only a view Minutes, even he play in the "1st" Line. I don´t even recognise him much on the Ice, only in the scene, where he could show his skating Ability. That turned out in a steal for Denisenko, but i doesnt saw much of a offensive Game from him. He doesn´t play PP, he doesnt play PK. Not sure how much it helps him in his developing Process.

Its even harder that he doesnt can show up, cause the opponent of Yaroslavi was not the Best.

Reactions: JohnLennon

aborkie

Jul 27, 2018
I saw him play at the Panthers development camp scrimmage in June. He did not stand out in any way. Seemed to have good speed though and liked to hit.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
What is going on with this kid? He has 3 goals in 11 games which is pretty decent production for his age but I notice he hasn’t been in the lineup for a little. KHL is so weird.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
What is going on with this kid? He has 3 goals in 11 games which is pretty decent production for his age but I notice he hasn’t been in the lineup for a little. KHL is so weird.
because loko doesn't care about decent production for his age. they want decent production.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
because loko doesn't care about decent production for his age. they want decent production.
He scored the last game he played; they won. Right after that he doesn't play again and he's not in the MHL either...

What's going on there?

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
3 goals in 11 games is good production for the minutes he’s playing.
yea but no assists and apparently no defense or effort is what ive heard. hes a huge boom bust but if in a year he doesnt show major improvement he'll be looking pretty busty. and hes the pick i wanted so its not a tippett situation for me either.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Scouting reports all talk about "discipline." Nobody elaborates beyond that. If he needed work on his defensive play I would think that would be spelled out. It could be he doesn't listen to the coaches and basically does what he wants. At the pro level this is totally unacceptable and he will wash out and be a bust as the KHL coaching staff or the junior team will just plant his arz in the pressbox for most of the season. Soupy said we will always own his NHL rights but that does us no good if he can't produce like a 15th overall pick. Whoever is our GM will never offer him an ELC and he can go drive the Zamboni. Dale will go back to drafting guys from NA only (like Mascherin). :(

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
yea but no assists and apparently no defense or effort is what ive heard. hes a huge boom bust but if in a year he doesnt show major improvement he'll be looking pretty busty. and hes the pick i wanted so its not a tippett situation for me either.
Calling a D+1 15th pick a bust if he doesn't produce in a men's league right away is a huge exaggeration. I mean HUGE.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Not saying they should and from what it looks like he is playing more then it sounded like
He is also playing just as much as he deserves. He is still raw and needs to beef up too. He is a finesse player, but when he tries that against the big boys he gets outmuscled more often than not. At his age that's perfectly normal.

He is going to the 4 Nations U20 tournament soon. There he can have more room to show off his skill. And even there he will be an underager.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
At the U20:
After going pointless in the previous game (though per transcript he was very active), Denisenko now has a hattrick against the Czech team plus two assists - in other words, he was directly involved in 5 of the 6 goals Russia scored (they won the game 6-5). He also scored the GWG.
Shockingly, he was chosen as the best player of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad