Prospect Info: Grigori Denisenko (2018, #15 overall), Lokomotiv Yaroslavl (KHL), signed ELC 5/5/20

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
White. Just like Zibanejad and Oduya don't look Swedish. Russia and Sweden aren't exactly melting pots. Just making an observation. Or am I not being PC enough for you?
Nope it's not that. You did answer my question. You think that Russia isn't a melting pot. That explains it.

Even going into the earliest roots of Russians we were always a mix of slavic and uralic tribes with a lot of mixing with turk peoples later on. After expanding to Siberia and Far East a lot of asian peoples joined the mix. If Russia is not a melting pot I don't know what is.

Denisenko is a Novosibirsk native, but that isn't telling much. His ethnic roots might be whatever and mostly russian at the same time. He doesn't really look out of the average for Russia.

The likes of Zibanejad(kids of migrants or mixed marriges) on the other hand are scarce in Russia for now. But as we have a fair share of migrants now that might change too.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
LOL How do you know what Russians or Tatars look like?

Always cracks me up to find out how crazy people's perceptions are.

What? Are you asking me if I know what Russians look like? I teach international English to foreign students my company has 5 major offices in Kazan I know very what Russian looks like as well as the differences between ethnic Russians and slavic ones. Im actually quite certain that most people with decent vision can tell the extremely distinct differences between the two.

Reactions: I am not exposed

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I can and its been pretty easy. Very easy difference between Polish/Russian/Slavic folk. Slavic is the base for Russian folk. Slavic Kingdom reached in the End till Russia. where later on the declare them self as a Kingdrom. That why also the Language of Slavic and russian in based on the same old slavic language.

By the Way Russian has an old Slavic, Nordic Influence, thats why you also find old Viking town in Russia. Thats why there also so much Finn/Russian Russian/Finn its a part of the old History.

But that comes maybe from my work cause i work Daily with all part of europen People. :D

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
White. Just like Zibanejad and Oduya don't look Swedish. Russia and Sweden aren't exactly melting pots. Just making an observation. Or am I not being PC enough for you?

Commom misconception. Lots of Russians look asian, along the soutwest regions they also had a lot of muslim migration from the south. Same as assuming all americans are blonde and blue eyed.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
What? Are you asking me if I know what Russians look like? I teach international English to foreign students my company has 5 major offices in Kazan I know very what Russian looks like as well as the differences between ethnic Russians and slavic ones. Im actually quite certain that most people with decent vision can tell the extremely distinct differences between the two.
See? You know only two, while you probably still can't tell a Tatar from Mari. People from outside make a mostake to think they really understand all the aspects just because they've spent some time in the country.

Also your terminology is far from perfect. There is no such thing as Russians and ethnic Russians. There are over a hundred ethnic groups in Russia. Russians are just the biggest. The most important part is most people are some diffrent mix of those ethnic roots. The difference in appearance is really not easy to trace for somebody who hasn't spent his life here.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
See? You know only two, while you probably still can't tell a Tatar from Mari. People from outside make a mostake to think they really understand all the aspects just because they've spent some time in the country.

Also your terminology is far from perfect. There is no such thing as Russians and ethnic Russians. There are over a hundred ethnic groups in Russia. Russians are just the biggest. The most important part is most people are some diffrent mix of those ethnic roots. The difference in appearance is really not easy to trace for somebody who hasn't spent his life here.

Its pretty clear the majority of Russian's are white or fair skinned. Their are over 200 ethnic groups in Russia that is true and of course their is mixing between all of these groups. My point which was the original post you quoted was that Denisenko appears to be of Tatarian origin or from Kazan.

Last edited by a moderator:

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
It looks so that IceManCat will now declare what the Russian folk is. And in some part he is right. From the east Russian northern middle European influence, till the West Russian Asian Influence. Russian Folk is huge thinks clear now back to Hockey Topic everyone.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Its pretty clear the majority of Russian's are white or fair skinned. Their are over 200 ethnic groups in Russia that is true and of course their is mixing between all of these groups. My point which was the original post you quoted was that Denisenko appears to be of Tatarian origin or from Kazan.

1.Exactly this is an outright ridic statement. Neither is he from Kazan nor does he have tataric roots. And most importantly you are obviously not an expert if you don't understand that you could not tell that by his looks.

2.Fair skinned, white, caucasian or however you want to put it os exactly what like 95% real ethnic Tatars look like.

Last edited by a moderator:

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
1.Exactly this is an outright ridic statement. Neither is he from Kazan nor does he have tataric roots. And most importantly you are obviously not an expert if you don't understand that you could not tell that by his looks.

2.Fair skinned, white, caucasian or however you want to put it os exactly what like 95% real ethnic Tatars look like.

You keep on stating the obvious. You don't seem to be understanding... For the sake of this thread we'll go ahead and get back on topic. We can continue this through PM

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
can someone recap what was said? I planned on watching it and completely forgot. Gotta go to work soon

a whole bunch of nothing, things that stuck were:

-expects Bjugstad to take another step
-didn't seem to eager to add to the top 6
-Denisenko gets a look at the main camp

you can watch it on replay on the Panthers facebook page

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014

Good, cause I didn't want to see him come over to the CHL if that was one of the options.

-ghoste

Yup. Needs to show he can compete in the KHL against men. Did nothing in 4 playoff games at the end of the season in the KHL and if that continues he may get shipped down to the MHL again. Needs to hire a tutor and work on his English so that he can communicate when he makes the move permanent in 2 years. By that time he should have put on the weight and gained the confidence to take it to another level. No room for him on the Cats this year. :)

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Did nothing in 4 playoff games at the end of the season in the KHL and if that continues he may get shipped down to the MHL again.
Ah yes, those four playoff games where he played 6:07, 2:02 (yikes), 8:13 and 9:40.

There's small sample size and then this.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Ah yes, those four playoff games where he played 6:07, 2:02 (yikes), 8:13 and 9:40.

There's small sample size and then this.
and there's also not being good enough to get playing time, hence it makes perfect sense to say he did nothing. now yea, he's young. but clearly not good enough for the 2nd best league yet which makes him far from good enough for the nhl this year. he's a 2 year project minimum anyway so its an obvious contract for him to sign. it'll be interesting to see if he can stick with big yaroslavl this season. he better or its a pretty bad sign.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->