Prospect Info: Grigori Denisenko (2018, #15 overall), Lokomotiv Yaroslavl (KHL), signed ELC 5/5/20

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Lokomotiv is one of the better KHL teams with good structure, so from a developmental view he should be fine there.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
we got our guy @Brokin although i must say that when we predicted him, i did so because i expected veleno and a couple others to be gone already. kinda surprised how much some players dropped. but whatever, he was the one i had pegged with the most upside. i really do think he'll be a star winger. totally satisfied.

Reactions: Brokin

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I had Farabee, Denisenko and they went back to back.

He's a flashy guy who loves the camera. Two years in the KHL should help him mature mentally and physically and he will put on the weight to probably 185 or 190 by the time he arrives. Don't let his size fool you as he hits like a truck. He will arrive just when Hoffman's contract will be up. This is no coincidence.

They are putting together a nice little group of Russian speaking players. Sorry to see my 2nd round guys are off the board in Foudy and Bokk. If Berggren is still there at #34 that would be my choice, but it's my guess the go D. :)

Last edited:

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Who’s his player comparable?

I posted this like 20 minutes ago but this site is garbage so it didn’t go through.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
So a serious boom or bust prospect. Our Russian scoutes have been good lately so... let's hope for boom :)
Really hope we don't regret passing on Smith down the line.
Now gimme a Dman on day 2 :)

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
So we take a Russian when there were plenty of good Ontario/Canadian kids up for grabs. I hope Tallon knows what he is doing.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Who’s his player comparable?

I posted this like 20 minutes ago but this site is garbage so it didn’t go through.

I was listening on the radio to Moller when he was picked. They interviewed him immediately after through the Panthers Russian scout who translated. When Moller asked our scout who Denisenko reminded him of that north American fans would know, he said Kucherov.

He also added that Denisenko has "too much patience", which I interpreted as a good thing lol. The more research I've done on him, I'm loving this pick. He obviously has a superior skill level, but he's also pretty gritty and I think as he fills out, he'll hold his own in the nhl. From his highlights that I watched, he also back checks and is always committed to coming back, he never just floats around on the defensive side of the puck. And from the comments from Tallon almond our scouts and other scouting experts like Sam cosentino, this kid could end up being a real good pick at this spot, and might have an upside similar to svechnikov.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
actually ended up with the guy i wanted, im proud of them, espeically with such an open ended draft who knows who we couldve possibly have picked otherwise but they came through.

barkov - huberdeau - trocheck - hoffman - dadonov as the mainstays

borgstrom coming in

tippett and denisenko developing.

Huberdeau-Barkov-Dadonov
Hoffman-Trocheck-Tippett
Denisenko-Borgstrom-???

depth chart when deni and tip make it. not to mention hepo developing still.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad