Recalled/Assigned: Grigorenko recalled, Schaller and Ruhwedel reassigned (3/20)

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Hamilton just said on WGR that Grigorenko recall/Schaller assignment is an emergency for emergency swap and the Sabres still have one more regular recall.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Compete Grigorenko, compete.

Benched with Hodgson & Des at ~7mins into the 2nd period after a puck skipped in the ozone and (according to what I heard of the announcer's assessment) Des didn't get back in time to snag his man. Figures.

Absolutely zero room on Nolan's leash for "certain" players, and apparently Grigorenko is one of those players. Here's hoping the kid at least takes advantage of the bench warming work to rest his travel weary body and get a few good look shifts in the 3rd (if he's allowed).

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Fire Nolan, Murray takes over the bench, Grigorenko takes over 1st line center duties and plays 20 mins a game, Hackett gets every start the rest of the way.

That's how you keep the tank on the tracks.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Benched with Hodgson & Des at ~7mins into the 2nd period after a puck skipped in the ozone and (according to what I heard of the announcer's assessment) Des didn't get back in time to snag his man. Figures.
So you're not even watching these games? Are you listening on radio with a shift chart open in your browser?

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
So you're not even watching these games? Are you listening on radio with a shift chart open in your browser?

lol. I'm curious - how many people can actually make it thru an entire Sabres game with their eyes glued to a screen AND not be a zombie by the 60th minute of game play?

Anyway, nah, I do flip around though. Center Ice feeds via Shaw to the 42" HDTV on the right and via Rogers thru to the 36" monitor on the left. Really boring games, my eyes are mostly focused on the laptop in front, but I'm looking at diff numbers than you'd imagine ;)

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Sabres' Grigorenko showed some life in Nashville
Paul Hamilton

3088691.jpg

Mikhail Grigorenko was just muddling through the game in Nashville like he normally does when in the second period he got lose through the right faceoff circle, he took a dangerous shot and then went behind the net to win a battle. The Russian found a wide open Cody Hodgson, but his shot was blocked.

After that play, it seemed like he got a shot of confidence and created some offense in the third period. He had a great opportunity on Pekka Rinne in the slot and beat him, but hit the post.

Ted Nolan had been very vocal about Grigorenko’s poor play his last three or four games up, but heaped praise on him Saturday.

LaFontaineToMogilny

Jul 16, 2013

Super stupid narrative that sub-par beat reporter Paul Hamilton keeps pushing, but yes, it seems that some pieces came together for Grigorenko at the end of the Nashville game.

I am of the mind that Grigorenko probably needs a little time to adjust to the NHL game and that he has the potential to be a very good player for the Sabres. If he can show a Johan Larsson like growth (without the benefit of the Ennis wizard touch) in the last 10 games I would be thrilled.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
Grigs needs confidence and trust from his coach to get better. He needs to feeling to be allowed mistakes and not be stabled to the bench for every mistake. Not like it matters if he turns the puck over or some ****. He has to keep working hard and show off some of his skill in the NHL. I think he has it to be a good player, but is too worried about ****ing up.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Grigs needs confidence and trust from his coach to get better. He needs to feeling to be allowed mistakes and not be stabled to the bench for every mistake. Not like it matters if he turns the puck over or some ****. He has to keep working hard and show off some of his skill in the NHL. I think he has it to be a good player, but is too worried about ****ing up.
I agree, confidence is everything. It's gotta be tough to focus on playing your game when your coach is demoting you every time you make a mistake and publicly saying you're doing a bad job most nights.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Super stupid narrative that sub-par beat reporter Paul Hamilton keeps pushing, but yes, it seems that some pieces came together for Grigorenko at the end of the Nashville game.

I am of the mind that Grigorenko probably needs a little time to adjust to the NHL game and that he has the potential to be a very good player for the Sabres. If he can show a Johan Larsson like growth (without the benefit of the Ennis wizard touch) in the last 10 games I would be thrilled.

Plus he has 2 years to show that "Larsson like growth".

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Recalled for Ennis it would seem.

Tankalicious. I have to say I've been disappointed in Schaller's appearances this season. His defense has been on point but I didn't think he would seem so lost offensively. Hopefully there's room for improvement because we could use a good 4C going forward. I wonder what the issue with Ennis is.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Tankalicious. I have to say I've been disappointed in Schaller's appearances this season. His defense has been on point but I didn't think he would seem so lost offensively. Hopefully there's room for improvement because we could use a good 4C going forward. I wonder what the issue with Ennis is.

No details, but it's a UBI.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

Hasn't he always projected as a 4th liner? He's met my low expectations :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad