Recalled/Assigned: Griffith called up;Cunningham sent down

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Plus minus is misleading in this case. He was exposed against the Habs as a liability. That play was the culmination of being a pylon. The problem with our team last year was that guys like Miller were playing too many minutes and couldn't handle it. McQuaid used to be able to give the top pairings a break without being hemmed in, Miller makes Claude tell Z to have one leg over the bench the moment the shift starts...

I couldn't disagree more.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I thought Griffith was one of the best guys in preseason. Hope he can find a spot on this team. I wouldn't mind skating him with Bergeron and sticking Smith with Krejci

This is what I don't get about Stone Clode. Griffith played a fair bit of the pre-season with Marchand and Bergeron and reportedly had chemistry with. And yet when he's called up they put him with a guy still recovering from a wrist injury (Lucic) and another just returning from a injury(Krejci) who he didn't play with in preseason.

Talk about not putting a rookie into the best position to succeed. It's not like Marchand/Bergeron/Smith has lit the world on fire in the first 3 games they couldn't be tweaked as well.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
^^^^

Agreed.

Would love to see Smith bumped up to play with Looch & DK and Griff with 63 & 37...

Looch has looked horrific and for a guy who said he needed to bring "it" last game, didn`t sound like he brought "it" but he was hardly alone

Decided to fight my way through a stream from the 2nd period on and it was painful watching Looch and Fraser lumbering along together

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Not happening but I'd like to see Smith on the first line and Pastrnak with Bergy and Marshmont

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Call me crazy (or a ridiculous optimist), but I think this won't be the last you see of Griffith. The kid has skill, and he plays the position they are lacking. He could be THAT guy that fills the spot. I think he surprises a lot of people this year, a la Reilly Smith. Maybe he sticks on that top line, or if they acquire a top 6 winger this year, he shifts down with Soderberg. I just think he might actually stick. I don't think Fraser has the speed to be an NHLer, and its Griffith that takes his spot. Just IMO from what I saw in the preseason and what I saw of him in Providence and London.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
Q. How do you make the Lucic/Krejci line quicker?

A. Add Smith.

Kelly has looked good so far this year. why not play him with Bergeron/Marchand?

Kelly does all the little things, he won't hurt that line....not at this point anyways.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
Looch has looked horrific and for a guy who said he needed to bring "it" last game, didn`t sound like he brought "it" but he was hardly alone

Decided to fight my way through a stream from the 2nd period on and it was painful watching Looch and Fraser lumbering along together
I didn't mind Lucic's game.

All though he was struggling to get anything going offensively, he was skating and trying to make things happen. i am not concerned about Lucic.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014

A. Add Smith.

Kelly has looked good so far this year. why not play him with Bergeron/Marchand?

Kelly does all the little things, he won't hurt that line....not at this point anyways.

What I have seen of Kelly has me thinking he has an axe to grind. He has been playing with a mean streak, not to forget his passing.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
I didn't mind Lucic's game.

All though he was struggling to get anything going offensively, he was skating and trying to make things happen. i am not concerned about Lucic.

No, not for $6mil you are not. I am anxious to see how he does against the AVs today or does he have an ankle injury?

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
The old Lucic would have punched Green in his face... Marchand and Lucic have been getting fat and lazy lately it seems (hunger wise).
Or they have been told to change their game.

Claude should give Lucic the green light to occasionally go out of position to make a hit. I hate to see an opponent Dman in a bad spot and see Lucic pulling up for a hit because he doesn't want to be out of position. if Lucic takes out his dman, it is still a 4 on 4 situation.

A lucic hit can change a game, Dman will rush their passes. we have seen this before. i want to see it again.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Claude should give Lucic the green light to occasionally go out of position to make a hit. I hate to see an opponent Dman in a bad spot and see Lucic pulling up for a hit because he doesn't want to be out of position. if Lucic takes out his dman, it is still a 4 on 4 situation.

A lucic hit can change a game, Dman will rush their passes. we have seen this before. i want to see it again.

great point that I should have thought of... marchand is also at his best playing over the edge.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
No, not for $6mil you are not. I am anxious to see how he does against the AVs today or does he have an ankle injury?
He had wrist surgery, missed most of training camp and playing with two young kids.

I saw Lucic skating last game, trying to get the legs moving. i am not concerned. he scores to day and he will be on pace for 20 goals, he score today and wednesday and he'll be on pace for a 30+ goal season.

Too small a sample size to start bashing...IMO

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
great point that I should have thought of... marchand is also at his best playing over the edge.
Yes.

The Bruins should just encourage Marchand to be Marchand.

So he is an agitator,chips and embellishes all at while being one of the most dangerous one on one players who is great on the PK.

When Marchand was at his best(2011 playoffs) he did all these things.

Let the pest be a pest.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

A. Add Smith.

That would go over real well on here lol.

He's playing with an axe to grind for sure. When radio/tv personalities and fans are going out of their way to find something to rail you for and suggest you should be shipped off the team"for something" (Milbury) I'd be royally pissed too.

Kelly is going to have people gladly eating crow at the end of this season.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

Agreed agreed agreed with both you and lou

Something striking to me about Griffith and Fraser, skating was a knock on both.
Griffith has improved markedly in that department compared to when I saw him with the knights (Internet stream) when I saw him against springfield, and when I saw him this preseason. Fraser...not so much

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
late to the thread . but hate this move.. really enjoyed cunningham as a 4th liner.. really hate to see them not take advantage of fraser's skills. put him on a line with a rusty lucic (who has looked terrible) and green spooner and expect him to produce.. why not give him a shot on the first line so krejci can feed his wheel house all game.. bugs me how claude uses some of these "up and comers"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad