Recalled/Assigned: Griffith called up;Cunningham sent down

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Nothing against Robins, but does anyone really think he'd be claimed? Fraser, maybe, but not if they've watched him this year. Dude is beyond slow. I swear to god I saw him going so slow last game that it looked like he was going in reverse...:naughty:

I was semi wondering out loud if this is why Fraser is still here even though he's playing horrifically. Honestly, Providence could use Robins right now. They were getting abused by the Ice Caps.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

This is all pretty interesting.

I want to see Fraser get more of a shot here, but I'm not sure where on the roster that lies. Ideally I think most would agree, he'd line up on left side. But I don't see room there for him anywhere.

If they try to send him down, I wonder if he would make it through. I'm not so sure.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
2 weeks ago Fraser was being pencilled into the top line as a replacement if Loui fails.
And now people don't think he'll get picked up on waivers if we send him down.
Hmmmm. Everything is fine though.

Altamira

Sep 20, 2013
Massachusetts
That's more or less how I feel, but if they dig themselves an insurmountable hole early, that's obviously trouble.

I'm pretty dispirited right now. The instability and question marks have been unsettling, but the Boychuck trade really did it for me. The move was made to provide "flexibility" in acquiring right wing help. Instead, it created a huge problem on D and injected desperation into whatever deal Chiarelli might try to swing. Add to this the message the Boychuck trade sends to the players, and to us fans, about the commitment of management to winning this year.

I may be wrong, but just a terrible, terrible trade, on multiple levels. :(:(:(

I couldn't agree more with this post, exactly how I feel right now.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

I love Seth Griffith like crazy. But does anyone really think he could be the answer on the right side on the Bruins' #1 line? I don't mean eventually - I mean now.

He should have never been sent down. He was by far the best prospect in camp.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia

This is all pretty interesting.

I want to see Fraser get more of a shot here, but I'm not sure where on the roster that lies. Ideally I think most would agree, he'd line up on left side. But I don't see room there for him anywhere.

If they try to send him down, I wonder if he would make it through. I'm not so sure.

I think Paille could play right wing and put Fraser on the left side of the the line

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

I love Seth Griffith like crazy. But does anyone really think he could be the answer on the right side on the Bruins' #1 line? I don't mean eventually - I mean now.

If not an answer on the right side on the Bruins' #1 line, he could potentially be good enough to slot next to Marchand and Bergeron and move Smith up to the first line. However, if he fails, I'd like to see how Pastrnak does. We still got Gagne too:naughty:

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Have to agree if they send Spooner down, package him up with those picks, someone else and get that forward you're looking for.

Well that player better be on a cheap entry level deal because otherwise we can't afford it

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Unfortunately, the Islanders can't keep playing the Hurricanes every night.

Think you may be underestimating Miller.

Nope, he is not that young and not that good. There is a reason he was undrafted and has waited this long. He is in great shape and works hard but his ceiling is reached, he is probably playing over his head. He and Bartkowski are a big reason we lost in the second round last year. Now we have Seids back but are without Boychuk, pretty much the same equation but without the hope of an injured stawlorth returning to our top 4...

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I liked Cunningham. Played a physical game, killed penalties, won faceoffs, and skated well.

Should have sent down Caron.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I couldn't agree more with this post, exactly how I feel right now.

I realize that all the smart hockey people believe the return was very good. If Chiarelli uses these picks in a trade for genuine right wing help, that's fine. But it doesn't solve the D problem created by Boychuck's departure. And again, if the Bruins are desperate enough to attempt plugging that hole through the acquisition of another defenseman, the price will be exorbitant & the player won't be as good. Who trades a third pairing D?

I'm hoping these unhappy developments were foreseen, and that there are multiple options to address them going forward. Otherwise, the Boychuck trade begins to look not only nonsensical, but an earthquake that seriously damages team character & chemistry.

member 96824

Now? Hard to say. He plays that slowed down game that should be perfect for Krejci and Lucic....but will he? My heart wants it so bad, but my gut says too soon.

I see Griffith as a Ryder/Sturm type...not a 1st line RW type

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Now? Hard to say. He plays that slowed down game that should be perfect for Krejci and Lucic....but will he? My heart wants it so bad, but my gut says too soon.

If Sturm = Speed and Ryder = Shot, Griffith = Smarts.

I think that's a good call.

If it's worth anything at all, I see real potential that he could skate on Bergy's right side. Not sure the Krejci line is the right place for him.

That said, I'm really looking forward to seeing him in an actual game. It's going to be interesting.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
He should have never been sent down. He was by far the best prospect in camp.

I said at the time if you base your decision on performance during camp there is no way you could send Griffith down. What do we know though....coaches and management obviously know what they are doing. lol

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto

Disagree on this.

He sees the ice and has much better hands than both those guys.

If Griffith fails it is going to be because he isn't strong and quick enough.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
If Sturm = Speed and Ryder = Shot, Griffith = Smarts.

I think that's a good call.

If it's worth anything at all, I see real potential that he could skate on Bergy's right side. Not sure the Krejci line is the right place for him.

That said, I'm really looking forward to seeing him in an actual game. It's going to be interesting.

He has a sixth sense around the net that you can't teach. Something we obviously need right now big time.

member 96824

Not a talent comparison, a career comparison. Streaky 20 goal, 30-40-50 point guy.

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
Not a talent comparison, a career comparison. Streaky 20 goal, 30-40-50 point guy.

I see what you mean...

I give him a little more credit than that. There are a lot of players in this league that can skate and shoot but there are very few that can see the ice at a high level. I look at him as more of a Savard player but obviously he isn't going to be putting up those kind of points. Really hoping he can get a few games with Krejci/Lucic because I am really impressed with what I have seen from him so far.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

If he can fit in and play well with a guy like Bergy then I'm excited to see what he can do with a pure playmaker and a guy who, when on his game, is one of the best power forwards in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad