Prospect Info: Gretzky T..Sandin almost PPG

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Our newest 1st rounder has 3 assists in 5 games. I know its early but the last 2 drafts I feel like we stole 2 high potential D..Lilijgren now Sandin.

Curious what people think those 2 guys time line is. I think Tim may get a call up next yr..unless he blows Babcock away in September and Sandin probably 2 yrs out?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Add in Eemeli Rasanen and we are gonna have the best defense in the league two years from now!

Dubas is a genius!

#FireHunter

Reactions: The Cobra

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Add in Eemeli Rasanen and we are gonna have the best defense in the league two years from now!

Dubas is a genius!

#FireHunter
Not sure if this is tongue and cheek because you vocally supported Hunter on here.

What is the latest on Rasanen

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I think Lilly will be better than most people are anticipating. he has legit top pairing upside. He moves the puck so damn well it's almost hard to believe. Sandin is super smart and might be a reliable second pairing guy if things go well, but I think he's lacking that something extra

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Not sure if this is tongue and cheek because you vocally supported Hunter on here.

What is the latest on Rasanen

I’m always tongue in cheek.

He had a fine year. Some were disappointed there wasn’t more progress, but he lost some minutes and PP time once Sean Day was brought in

araisarena

Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/Ann Arbor
Both of them have top pairing upside. They think the game really well, and have good skills. Liljegren really progressed in the AHL as the season went on and same with Sandin especially having #1 minutes while Timmins was out. Settled in really nicely at the OHL level and I think at this point is already too good for that league.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Our newest 1st rounder has 3 assists in 5 games. I know its early but the last 2 drafts I feel like we stole 2 high potential D..Lilijgren now Sandin.

Curious what people think those 2 guys time line is. I think Tim may get a call up next yr..unless he blows Babcock away in September and Sandin probably 2 yrs out?

Stole?

There were 12 Dmen selected in the 2017-18 before Rasmus Sandin went Friday the 13th among defensemen drafted.
&
Liljegren was the 6th Dman taken in 2017 entry draft.

Just think what the other teams must think who drafted their Dmen before the Leafs got their guys as they fell down the draft board to Toronto? :wg:

Essentially for Leafs to get steals it means other teams made drafting errors which has benefited the Leafs.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Sandin must be terrific if he can get three assists without even suiting up! But it’s way too early to call him a steal, especially since he hasn’t even played an official game since the draft. We should wait until at least one week into the new season before we claim we stole him. :)

The Dmen drafted before Liljegren all had good seasons also. All I want to claim at the moment, is that Liljegren also had an impressive season and that we fans have every reason to be happy.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Wait, who has 3 points in 5 games for Sweden then?

Should have picked him :naughty:

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
Dermott - Carrick
Borgman - Holl
Rosen - Ozhiganov
Marincin - Liljegren
Nielsen - Rasanen
Sandin - Durzi
Gordeev - Lindgren
Greenway - Subban
Krall - Hollowell

Pretty solid group on defensive prospects...

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
That list given just names the Leafs draftees and other signed to pro contracts . Highly unlikely all of them will even have a sniff in the NHL. Marincin, Nielsen,Lindgren,Greenway, Subban, Hollowell, does anyone really think they are NHL material?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Stole?

There were 12 Dmen selected in the 2017-18 before Rasmus Sandin went Friday the 13th among defensemen drafted.
&
Liljegren was the 6th Dman taken in 2017 entry draft.

Just think what the other teams must think who drafted their Dmen before the Leafs got their guys as they fell down the draft board to Toronto? :wg:

Essentially for Leafs to get steals it means other teams made drafting errors which has benefited the Leafs.
Yes Mess, that's how the draft works.

DraftGuru

Mar 6, 2018

Do teams even play 5 games at the Summer Showcase?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Great question. Another question I have is why is Gretzky referred to in the thread title ... seriously?
Yes, the Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament as it was formerly known, has now been renamed the Hlinka-Gretzky Tournament after Wayne reached out the Ivan's wife and gotten personally involved.

It use to be U-18 in Czech Republic only each year and now it will be also played in Canada as well including this year in Red Deer and Edmonton (on going right now).

PS. The players eligible to play are the ones < 18 years of age and draft eligible for 2019 drafts and beyond. Sandin numbers in this thread are from the previous tournament before he was drafted.

Reactions: iSophagus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad