Prospect Info: Gretzky T..Sandin almost PPG

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Yes, the Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament as it was formerly known, has now been renamed the Hlinka-Gretzky Tournament after Wayne reached out the Ivan's wife and gotten personally involved.

It use to be U-18 in Czech Republic only each year and now it will be also played in Canada as well including this year in Red Deer and Edmonton (on going right now).

PS. The players eligible to play are the ones < 18 years of age and draft eligible for 2019 drafts and beyond. Sandin numbers in this thread are from the previous tournament before he was drafted.
Thanks for the clarification as I no longer have tsn and it makes watching the hlinka almost impossible. I thought the TS was trying to be sarcastic by equating Sandin's 3 assists to some sort of Gretzky like achievement. Confused me.

Last edited:

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Made a mistake I thought it was this yrs tournament. No need for trash talking me. People make mistakes.

To the poster who said teams have to make draft errors for us to steal a guy..the draft this yr was full of off board picks within the top 5 to 7 OV. Thusly Sandin fell. Most scouting mock drafts had him late teens early 20s not as far back as we got him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad