• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Panarin was making plays in game 1.

The last two games, he looks like he's afraid to make a mistake.

The whole team has been extremely conservative. I don't necessarily agree with it against a bad team, but they've won.

Panarin has to do more to produce offense. I don't care if he gives the puck away.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
We usually play well against Carolina.

The Capitals were a team we were kind of underwhelming against all year.
The rangers are playing a much worse version of the team they played in the regular season even. Who knows, maybe Carolina is a better matchup because of how aggressive they are and the only way the rangers can generate offense is off odd man rushes and chipping pucks out and skating into them.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
You guys are insane.

I have absolutely nothing against Rempe but this is interference. The puck was long gone.

This may have been the only penalty on the Rangers in this game that wasn't made up bullshit.

Agreed. And we have to remember that the Rangers got the same advantage when a Cap was penalized for hitting Gus a little late.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The rangers are playing a much worse version of the team they played in the regular season even. Who knows, maybe Carolina is a better matchup because of how aggressive they are and the only way the rangers can generate offense is off odd man rushes and chipping pucks out and skating into them.
We sucked ass against Chicago and San Jose. Bad teams seem to bring out our worst habits.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York

The whole team has been extremely conservative. I don't necessarily agree with it against a bad team, but they've won.

Panarin has to do more to produce offense. I don't care if he gives the puck away.
weve been trailing in this series for like 3 minutes. weve been very conservative with the lead. i dont think anyone on this team, including the coaches respect washingtons ability to take over a game and score goals if we dont do stupid shit.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
Caps are playing Panarin like we're playing Ovi. It's at least opening up more ice for everyone else. That doesn't necessarily mean that he's making bad plays. He's got less time to make plays and I haven't seen any that was more horrible from Panarin as Wennberg's giveaway right in front of Shesty.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
You guys are insane.

I have absolutely nothing against Rempe but this is interference. The puck was long gone.

This may have been the only penalty on the Rangers in this game that wasn't made up bullshit.

I don't know about that. A 6 second video and TVR touches the puck between the 2 and the 3 seconds of that video and Rempe's already skating away from the hit before it hits 4. If it's a little late it's not by very much.

OthmannOut

Jan 29, 2019
Goodrow has been sensational this series. So happy for him.
Igor shutting it down after the softy is great. And I loved how the team immediately responded after the goal by getting one back.
Loved the Igor chants from the crowd.
Awesome stuff. That caps crowd was completely dead. They had nothing to cheer for.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think it’s fair for a defenseman reversing a puck to not expect to get Troy Polamalu level trucked after scanning and seeing nobody nearby prior to the pass. Like I’m alright with that hit not being in the game.
I don't necessarily think a hit is dirty because it's late. I also don't care. If this Caps team go hit by a bus, I would make sure the bus was ok.

I just think 2 minutes was the obvious call.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There hasn't been much rush play in this series at all which is probably ok considering we're terrible at defending it.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I don't care about other hits and NHL referees being grossly incompetent in general. I'm talking about this hit.
You can't go on a case by case basis when it comes down to just a raw stat like timing of the hit. That requires comparison.

Case by case definitely lends itself more to where was the elbow, how many strides, etc.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011

I'm hoping it is just a stylistic decision based on the way Washington plays.

He needs to go back to pure playmaking and taking more shots like he did all year and in game 1 for a different matchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad