Injury Report: Green out 3-5 weeks, Hronek up

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Because we couldn't trade him that one time, we'll never be able to trade him guys.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
We started 1-7-2 without Green so this should be fun.

Too lazy to look it up but weren’t we missing Dekeyser, Ericsson and Kronwall too? Those guys obviously aren’t world beaters but it certainly created a situation where basically the whole D was forced to build chemistry on the fly.

Also, hasn’t our PP sucked lately? Could be a nice shakeup. Love Hronek’s slapper.

Basically every veteran Dman for the Wings was injured for at least a portion of that stretch.

Against Toronto it was Dekeyser, Hicketts, Sulak, Jensen, Kronwall, and Hronek. Against Montreal it was Cholowski, Hicketts, Hronek, Jensen Kronwall and Sulak.

Not pretty.

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
I would have called up Sulak but glad Hronek is playing. This Green signing will be yet another disaster on Hollands resume

How will it be a disaster? It gives the team one guy who knows how to pass well and allows the kids to do their thing. Winning isn't necessary so him being out isn't that big of a deal. So dramatic around here.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
How will it be a disaster? It gives the team one guy who knows how to pass well and allows the kids to do their thing. Winning isn't necessary so him being out isn't that big of a deal. So dramatic around here.
He failed to trade him at the deadline partially because of injury. Then probably shouldn't have resigned him. And now he hurt again for the second time this year. That's not a disaster?

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Interesting to see if Blashill will put Hronek on the PK unit or not. Wings stressed that in sending Hronek down to Grand Rapids to work on that part of his game (which he never done previously).

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Goes both ways, buddy. Your opinion isn't fact. Hyperbole isn't fact.

A disaster is paying Brent Seabrook nearly 7 million dollars until 23-24.
Am I allowed to have my opinion? Buddy? Hyperbole is your opinion of my opinion.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Interesting to see if Blashill will put Hronek on the PK unit or not. Wings stressed that in sending Hronek down to Grand Rapids to work on that part of his game (which he never done previously).

How did he look down there? Do you think he's NHL ready at this point?

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I would have called up Sulak but glad Hronek is playing. This Green signing will be yet another disaster on Hollands resume

Based on what (He is your favorite player)? Sulak all he does is try to be a Bobby Orr and skate from his own goal line up the ice only to have the other team stop him every time since he is in Grand Rapids. Nothing to show for it.

Reactions: NEWing and Henkka

A Few Good Males

Apr 15, 2018
Detroit, MI
Earth shattering. This is blowing my mind. :sarcasm:[/QUOTE]
Oh wow, it's almost like when there is a chance for substantial playing time they call up the good young players and when it is a glorified backup plan that they don't plan to use they call up the garbage veteran.

Earth shattering. This is blowing my mind. :sarcasm:
lol seriously tho

im so sick of people complaining about everything.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Based on what (He is your favorite player)? Sulak all he does is try to be a Bobby Orr and skate from his own goal line up the ice only to have the other team stop him every time since he is in Grand Rapids. Nothing to show for it.
What do we all have herd besides our opinions? Everyone watches the games at home. I'm not asking you to agree with me. And if you disagree doesn't mean I'm wrong and you're right and vice versa.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Am I allowed to have my opinion? Buddy? Hyperbole is your opinion of my opinion.

I find it comical that you were driving that Lashoff thread about having kids sit on the pine for absolutely no reason and bitching to high heavens about Lashoff being in their way for NHL minutes, but the moment a real NHL roster spot opens they send Lashoff down and call up Hronek and now you're like "rather it be Sulak" (who's been worse than Hronek at both levels this season)

Now Green's a disaster contract, well..... hes #20 in P/G for defenseman in the league. He has helped this team a ton in his time back and has easily been our best D man when he's in the lineup.

To be perfectly frank, I think you're just another poster that's thirsty for red dots over their notification symbol.

Reactions: KJoe88

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
How did he look down there? Do you think he's NHL ready at this point?

Struggled early in his return to Grand Rapids and he had difficulties at the start getting use to playing on the PK unit. Once he got it figured out (took about 6-8 games) he was coming around and he offense started to pick up as well. Our PP is still bad (still dead last in the AHL), but he has matured in this short period of time, and with Green now out for a good period of time, this will be Hronek's big test to see if he can elevate his game into the NHL level.

Still a hot head as opponents know how to get under his skin at times, but overall, he was the obvious choice to be called up and I hope he is up to the task in making it happen for Detroit. Going to miss him here in Grand Rapids, but that is why we are here to help Detroit out in these situations.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
What do we all have herd besides our opinions? Everyone watches the games at home. I'm not asking you to agree with me. And if you disagree doesn't mean I'm wrong and you're right and vice versa.

Do you ever watch games in Grand Rapids in person? If you don't, maybe you should. I do. You see a lot more in person then you do watching the games stream online at home. Watching games on TV, online, you only see where the puck is at, but if you go to a game in person, you see the other things that I usually bring up when I post that most people do not see when you sit at home watching the game that way.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

You are allowed to have your opinion. We are allowed to talk about how unrealistic it is and how it flies in the face of what statistics show.

And realistically, Mike Green has been a fantastic hockey player for the Red Wings. He's been very very good. You can have an issue with it and think they should have gone another way, but he, objectively, has been an incredible boon to this franchise since we signed him. As noted this year, he's been a huge driver in the team going from looking AHL calilber in weeks 1 and 2 to actually playing like an NHL franchise since.

Being a hockey player who plays with an edge (which I assume you mean he skates hard and gets in board battles?) means literally nothing. Matt Martin, David Clarkson, Jordin Tootoo... all are guys who skated with an edge. All are absolutely ****ing worthless hockey players.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I find it comical that you were driving that Lashoff thread about having kids sit on the pine for absolutely no reason and *****ing to high heavens about Lashoff being in their way for NHL minutes, but the moment a real NHL roster spot opens they send Lashoff down and call up Hronek and now you're like "rather it be Sulak" (who's been worse than Hronek at both levels this season)

Now Green's a disaster contract, well..... hes #20 in P/G for defenseman in the league. He has helped this team a ton in his time back and has easily been our best D man when he's in the lineup.

To be perfectly frank, I think you're just another poster that's thirsty for red dots over their notification symbol.
Then stop quoting me? How about if you don't like my opinion don't quote me? Consensus opinion doesn't mean correct.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad