Greatest Goal in Caps history

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I call it the "pickpocket goal", because that's what it was, Eller just pounced on a mistake by Fleury. Eller's celebration, the Caps bench going crazy, and that one Caps fan in the stands coming down and banging on the glass are what make it memorable.
When I think Caps pickpocket goal I think of Ovys 1st playoff goal vs Philly; I call that Eller goal “Sweeping the turd”

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
BTW @txpd

Those were GREAT goals no doubt, but exciting goals in series we ended up losing don't stick in the brain like series winners, or Cup winners do. But you knew that ;)

I mean, Eller's goal wasn't even that pretty. It was basically a double vomit by Sbisa, a nice pass (Burky) and a meh shot (Conno), then a tap in by Eller. But will be forever ingrained into Caps lore because of the greater significance.
Yup, this. As great as all those goals are, his GWG against Pitt in Game #3 is #1 for him in my books. We would never, ever, win those kinds of games, especially against Pitt. Maybe the clutchest goal of Ovi's career, Game #7 Tampa being right up there as well.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Yup, this. As great as all those goals are, his GWG against Pitt in Game #3 is #1 for him in my books. We would never, ever, win those kinds of games, especially against Pitt. Maybe the clutchest goal of Ovi's career, Game #7 Tampa being right up there as well.

Some people might say, his performance in those playoffs was Conn Smythe worthy :D

illpucks

May 26, 2011
I have to say the greatest goal in Caps history should actually be this one. Ugly or not, there would be no SC without it. Therefore it's the best ever in franchise history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad