Greatest Goal in Caps history

Jun 15, 2007
Kuzy goal vs Penguins is number one for sure.

I never once doubted we would beat Vegas. Even if those goal aren't scored, I think we still win.

Kuzy ending the Penguins ended 10 years of frustration and I think that's when we knew we had a real shot at winning.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
The Hunter game winner is just a little before my time but every big goal in wins last year after and including Kuzy's clincher outranks any other Caps goal. Like Ovechkin's 1st goal in game 3 in the finals should be bigger than The Goal or his 1st playoff game winner or Joel Ward or Fedorov's series winners so it's easier just to rank last years goals.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Well until this year I would have said it has to be Joe Juneau in OT vs Buffalo to put the Caps into the SCF for the first time. I literally jumped in my car with my GF and drove from Centerville to Piney Orchard to welcome them home. It became a giant group love fest. There were hundreds of fans there. High fived every player as they got off the bus after flying home from Buffalo. Some of you were probably also there. Got home around 4AM iirc.

Yeah, that WAS a big goal, until this year.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Im going with all cup run! But like mentioned above, felt confident at the time of g5 third period and winning the cup was more of when and how, those goals are sort of shadowed for me by team effort.

1. Kuzy flipping the bird g6 ot Pens
2. Ovie scoring late goal against Pens to win early series match, felt like sort of a turning point for me as we usually had been on the other side on those.
3. Ovie g7 first shift goal against Tampa. Another turning point goal.
4. Ovie scoring 1-0 in home opener against Vegas in g3. That goal was pure force from the whole 5manunit. That goal really gave me the feeling we have what it takes to finish the run.
5. DSP tying the g5 in Vegas to 3-3. At that point i felt a little out of breath actually. Just sitted there and stared knowing we were winning it all, finally. Finally. But as much as it was the specific goal scored, it was the whole presence of the team prior, during, and after that goal. We came into the third to seal it out. Finally.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
You know this thread was started on the 13 year anniversary of "the goal"

The Arizona scored from his back goal. I thought that is what this thread was about. An obvious confirmation of greatness that all of us had already seen. With a regular season filter to OP, this one is up there.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Eller GWG should be it.
This goal didnt seem as big as the Kuzy goal against the Pens or the Ovi goal against the Lightning.
I know it was the cup clincher but we had such a big lead in the series that it was highly likely we were still going to win the cup without that goal.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I'll always be partial to the Hunter goal as I was in attendance for that one at the old Capital Centre/US Air Arena or whatever it was being called at that time. Game 7 and remember group of Flyers fans in attendance and seated several rows in front of us. This may come as a shock, but the Flyers fans were quite obnoxious. Believe the Flyers took a lead in that game of like 3-0 with the Capitals coming back and tying it in the 3rd period, needless to say the crowd was going crazy with the white pom poms that had been handed out before the game. Crowd was serenading the Flyers goalie Ron Hextall, with a unison chant of Hextall, Hextall accompanied by a sea of white pom poms moving together in his direction on the "all" in his name. When Hunter scored in OT, pandemonium and only caught the tail end of the Flyers fans jettisoning out of the arena with folks wishing them a safe journey up 95.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Kuzy goal vs Penguins is number one for sure.

I never once doubted we would beat Vegas. Even if those goal aren't scored, I think we still win.

Kuzy ending the Penguins ended 10 years of frustration and I think that's when we knew we had a real shot at winning.
Agreed. A turning point when "The demons have been exorcised."

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
My top 3 are
DSP vs Tampa game 6
Ovy vs Tampa game 7
Kuzy vs Pens game 6 OT

then at least 7 or 8 from last year’s run

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad