Greatest Attacking Midfielder(NO.10) of all Time?

Greatest Attacking Midfielder(NO.10) of all Time?

• Baggio(Roberto)

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Charlton

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Cruyff

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Francescoli

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gullit

• Hagi

• Iniesta

• Kaka

• Kopa

• Laudrup(Michael)

• Luis Suarez /ESP/

• Maradona

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Platini

• Rivaldo

• Rui Costa

• Scifo

• Socrates

• Totti

• Zico

• Zidane

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Put him in Serie A in the 80's and 90's and those numbers would be impossible to achieve. I don't understant the fascination people have for Messi scoring lots of goals against small clubs. Just too easy at Barcelona in 90% of the games, until he can do something for Argentina he will forever be behind the true all time greats.

People keep spitting this last resort argument like if winning a billion ligas, copas and 4 CL was a walk in the park.
Winning a CL is no easy feat and he has led the team in 3 of those (First one he was like 18 or 19), with absolutely mind-blowing performances over and over again.

He probably would have a WC if Fat Higuain didn't miss that sitter. And his Argentina side kept losing Copa America finals.

Is it now where I get replied that he won all those trophies while playing with Iniesta and Xavi?

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
You had to qualify to be in the final 8 tournament... and a lot more great teams then. You couldn't have won the Euro then after 3 ties to start the tournament...

France was the host, no qualification. And finally they managed to win something at the time.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
France was the host, no qualification. And finally they managed to win something at the time.
And ?
WC semi finalist before and after. That France team was among the best ever assembled.
To compare that to Euro winning Portugal is insulting.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
People keep spitting this last resort argument like if winning a billion ligas, copas and 4 CL was a walk in the park.
Winning a CL is no easy feat and he has led the team in 3 of those (First one he was like 18 or 19), with absolutely mind-blowing performances over and over again.

He probably would have a WC if Fat Higuain didn't miss that sitter. And his Argentina side kept losing Copa America finals.

Is it now where I get replied that he won all those trophies while playing with Iniesta and Xavi?
Michael Jordan and Wayne Gretzky wouldn't be considered the best in their sport if they had not delivered on the biggest stages. 0 goal for Messi all around in WC knockout stages since forever. Not even a Copa title with Argentina. Easy looking good when you play for a great club team...

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Let me help you with that

What the...

Why am I even replying?

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
And ?
WC semi finalist before and after. That France team was among the best ever assembled.
To compare that to Euro winning Portugal is insulting.

Still didn't count and who is writing was the greatest fan of the middle 80's France NT. Always thought they only lacked a true number 9 and that's a shame because their midfield was the best in business at some point.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Yeah, different era, it's not that hard to win Primiera, when you have like 10-20 times bigger budget, than most other teams. Maradona and Napoli managed to beat Juventus with Platini and other superstars, while Napoli was just Maradona and bunch of so-so players. Maradona won World Cup 86 and got to the final of World Cup 90 with very average Argentina team.

Platini scored 9 goals in just 5 games at Euro 84, and it was a much harder tournament, than anything nowadays, with only 8 teams participating. He was one of the greatests as well.

Platini was no longer a superstar in 1986/87 when Maradona won his first title with Napoli. In fact Platini was playing the last year of his career and had statistically the worst year of his career. At that time, most players were physically done as a top player soon after turning 30. Maradona and Napoli were a massive failure in European Cup, and after Milan got the better players Maradona's Napoli was largely back to playing second fiddle to better teams and players, barely edging out Milan who had to complete on two fronts as they won the EC that season.

Maradona's club career is much further behind Messi's club career than Messi's NT career is behind Maradona's NT career.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
I'd like to see the reasonning behind some votes. Like Baggio over Platini.

Because he was the last romantic player able to make people dream regardless of the palmares. All this with knees in dramatic conditions throughout his career. Suffice it to see his last game where there is a famous video of his knees.

Where is the scandal of voting Baggio instead of Platini? Then you voted Socrates seriously?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Where is the scandal? Well Platini was three times the player Baggio was and I love Baggio.

As for Socrates, I explained my vote. He was not nearly the best, but I explained it. Hence the "reasonning".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad