Greatest Attacking Midfielder(NO.10) of all Time?

Greatest Attacking Midfielder(NO.10) of all Time?

• Baggio(Roberto)

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Charlton

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Cruyff

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Francescoli

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gullit

• Hagi

• Iniesta

• Kaka

• Kopa

• Laudrup(Michael)

• Luis Suarez /ESP/

• Maradona

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Platini

• Rivaldo

• Rui Costa

• Scifo

• Socrates

• Totti

• Zico

• Zidane

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's between Cruyff (could be played LW) Platini and Maradona.
But my personal fav is Socrates.

Fred McCarthy

Dec 26, 2018
It me ..Gritty!
Maradona >>>>> Messi, not even close. Maradona could win games and even tournaments by himself, Messi is nothing on Team Argentina.
Two different Argentinas for starters. Maradona loses points from me on 3 levels . Drug use and ban . Couldn't keep his hand to himself on the pitch.Club achievements. Messi blows him out of the water .

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Two different Argentinas for starters. Maradona loses points from me on 3 levels . Drug use and ban . Couldn't keep his hand to himself on the pitch.Club achievements. Messi blows him out of the water .

Messi has been overall a better player, and for so much longer.
Maradona's peak may have been slightly higher, but that's it IMO

Reactions: Fred McCarthy

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Yeah, different era, it's not that hard to win Primiera, when you have like 10-20 times bigger budget, than most other teams. Maradona and Napoli managed to beat Juventus with Platini and other superstars, while Napoli was just Maradona and bunch of so-so players. Maradona won World Cup 86 and got to the final of World Cup 90 with very average Argentina team.

Platini scored 9 goals in just 5 games at Euro 84, and it was a much harder tournament, than anything nowadays, with only 8 teams participating. He was one of the greatests as well.

Fred McCarthy

Dec 26, 2018
It me ..Gritty!
Yeah, different era, it's not that hard to win Primiera, when you have like 10-20 times bigger budget, than most other teams. Maradona and Napoli managed to beat Juventus with Platini and other superstars, while Napoli was just Maradona and bunch of so-so players. Maradona won World Cup 86 and got to the final of World Cup 90 with very average Argentina team.

Platini scored 9 goals in just 5 games at Euro 84, and it was a much harder tournament, than anything nowadays, with only 8 teams participating. He was one of the greatests as well.
If there's only 8 teams , seems to me it's easier to win ...it's not rocket surgery.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No, and no.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Messi has been overall a better player, and for so much longer.
Maradona's peak may have been slightly higher, but that's it IMO

I don’t think anyone’s peaked as high as Messi. Purely statistically the calendar year he scored 92 is just insane. Than you have to figure in the 40-50 assists he had that year. God like.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
What was Ajax and Holland before Cruyff? He gets my vote, I have a lot more admiration for great players who also make other players and their team better.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
I don’t think anyone’s peaked as high as Messi. Purely statistically the calendar year he scored 92 is just insane. Than you have to figure in the 40-50 assists he had that year. God like.
Put him in Serie A in the 80's and 90's and those numbers would be impossible to achieve. I don't understant the fascination people have for Messi scoring lots of goals against small clubs. Just too easy at Barcelona in 90% of the games, until he can do something for Argentina he will forever be behind the true all time greats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad