Confirmed with Link: Granlund re-signs [4 yrs/$5 mil AAV]

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
I'll never understand team elected arbitration in that scenario. You are basically handing him ufa status in 2 years
Poor Fiala. He was given every chance to lose the attitude and play here. The fans were ready to embrace him as Preds new superstar and Nashville is an easy place to play. But his inability to accept coaching and get along with teammates led him to Liepold and you knew that wasn’t going to work long term. He’ll likely float around a few more years till the skills erode never achieving his goals.

Reactions: adsfan

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I'll never understand team elected arbitration in that scenario. You are basically handing him ufa status in 2 years
Turns out Travis Sanheim is in this boat too. It's definitely not common. I think the general argument is that they only do it if there is an enormous gulf on perceived contract values AND they are worried about RFA offersheets. This ensures the player can't sign an offersheet.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Turns out Travis Sanheim is in this boat too. It's definitely not common. I think the general argument is that they only do it if there is an enormous gulf on perceived contract values AND they are worried about RFA offersheets. This ensures the player can't sign an offersheet.
I mean you are basically winning short term only to shoot yourself in the foot long term. At least if you get an offer sheet you get something for it. I mean you could trade him but the value is reduced because they know he is an ufa. Just seems counter productive.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

There was talk of trading him last season. I'm guessing the team wants to make sure they have him signed long enough to a deal decent enough to trade him at some point

badi

Jan 21, 2008
This guy has been on fire
What are you guys opinion about his hot start of the year?

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
This guy has been on fire
What are you guys opinion about his hot start of the year?

He's been our best forward since Hynes took over but maybe hasn't gotten as many points as he could have. This year he has found good chemistry with other top forwards who are now also producing.

I'm not that surprised about his start. He's a guy who brings it every night and the points were bound to follow.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Screen-Shot-2021-07-28-at-12.13.41-PM.png

Idk guys this chart clearly shows he’s just a third liner…

David OSullivan

Oct 12, 2017
Love forsberg reaction on the last goal when he realize its granlund that set him up once more. That was a beautiful display of vision and passing by granlund on that vid.

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
Hynes is a coach. Laviolette spreads psychological cheerleading jam. That's why a lot of us shook our heads when ownership extended Laviolette....3 years 4 max is his effective shelf life. Granlund is a hockey player not a diva (Turris)

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Scary thing is, not before this contract so much, but the first Covid one... pretty much nobody really cared if he came back? It was more like, meh, for $3.75M, what's the harm, really. Those late signings of him and Haula really paid off. Even though he had the higher icetime boost under Hynes in late 2019-20 season, it was really the whole next Covid-2021 season under that $3.75M deal where he truly seemed to get his mojo back. He had that little scoring mini-surge with the huge minutes Hynes gave him when he was first hired, but it was really last season when his hustle peaked back up fully, even if the points didn't go up with it.

Anybody could have snatched him before the 2021 $3.75M deal, pretty easily. :yikes

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
Nothing approached normal the last 2 years for me. How bout you? Many suffered in their chosen career. I tend to discount Granlund’s stats during that time. Before that he was pretty solid and that has returned this year. The reason I think we’re seeing the true Granlund is that he’s always on go and exhibits super skills. Those things don’t go into slumps. Those passes to teammates aren’t lucky. Will he score a lot of goals; I don’t know. Will the sharp passing continue; why not?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad