Confirmed with Link: Granlund (MIN) for Fiala(NSH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Organize a group to go beat the phone out of Fenton's hand? My 5 year old could do better work than this twat!

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
This is the first time in 10 years I've emailed my ticket rep demanding to know what the front office is doing. This can't be to clear "cap space" unless they plan on landing Duchene or something next year. It can't be.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I just...one for one?

Granlund points 4 years ago:

68 games 8+31 = 39 points

Fiala last year 80 games 23+25= 48 points

I'm clinging to this.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Can't wait to hear Russo and all the others try to defend this shit. Anyone claiming this was even an ok trade is a f***ing moron.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Family has had tickets since 2002. If Fenton doesn't pull a rabbit out of his hat and shows direction this summer AND they don't raise the prices...he may become the reason we give them up at the pace he's going.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Family has had tickets since 2002. If Fenton doesn't pull a rabbit out of his hat and shows direction this summer AND they don't raise the prices...he may become the reason we give them up at the pace he's going.

"In an effort to maintain the fanbase in a rebuilding year, we're only raising ticket prices 4%"

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I just...one for one?

Granlund points 4 years ago:

68 games 8+31 = 39 points

Fiala last year 80 games 23+25= 48 points

I'm clinging to this.
Even if Fiala ends up being as good as Granlund Fenton needed to get something extra for taking on the risk that he doesn't. That's how every one of these young-guy for established-player trades works. Instead he got fixated on a guy he "likes," but is currently a substantially worse player.

But he did save some cap space that we don't need, so that's a plus.

Reactions: FVM and 2Pair

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I don't know if I'm going to go that far, but somehow the Twins front office is looking like the 2nd coming of *insertamazinggmofanysport*

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don’t even know what to say anymore. I thought that I was going to be disappointed when we got just Fiala and a 1st. He is either really embracing the tank or he thinks he can sign every free agent available this summer. And for the life of me trade staal you reckless bafoon.

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
You guys just can't see it. Fenton is Bobby Fischer. He can see ten moves ahead. He's positioning the Wild for a high draft pick. Next year the number one will be ours. The Russian arrives and we have the number 1, another high draft pick, the youthful sniper, the Finnish wall......We better tank and tank hard! Lol. I miss my guy Coyle.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Even if Fiala ends up being as good as Granlund Fenton needed to get something extra for taking on the risk that he doesn't. That's how every one of these young-guy for established-player trades works. Instead he got fixated on a guy he "likes," but is currently a substantially worse player.

Yeah. He has made 3 major trades, and has gotten the current worse player back 100% time, and to show for it all, we have either a single 4th or 5th round pick.

Reactions: FVM and 2Pair

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
Being away from this board for a long time but always watching closely the wild. Just had to find a place to say WTF was this trade??? Can't find words.. Fenton surely does look like he as strong ties with Nashville.

Reactions: The Pale King

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP

Spot on. That’s the thing. I’m excited to see Fiala here but the severe lack of return on all three of his trades have been demoralizing.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Here's a real funny thing:

Nashville traded 24 y/o Hartman (10G 10A this season) and a 4th rounder to Philly for over-the-hill rental Simmonds who has pathetic 27 points this season.

Nashville traded 22 y/o Fiala (10G 22A this season) to Minnesota one-for-one for non-rental in his prime Granlund who has 49 points this year.

That's actually unbelievable. The difference in what Nashville gave away is kinda small, but the difference between Granlund and Simmonds is otherworldly. Fletcher made a great deal, Fenton is such a f***ing moron.

Last edited:

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Here's a real funny thing:

Nashville traded 24 y/o Hartman (10G 10A this season) and a 4th rounder to Philly for over-the-hill rental Simmonds who has pathetic 27 points points this season.

Nashville traded 22 y/o Fiala (10G 22A this season) to Minnesota one-for-one for non-rental in his prime Granlund who has 49 points this year.

That's actually unbelievable. The difference in those returns is kinda small, but the difference between Granlund and Simmonds is otherworldly. Fletcher made a great deal, Fenton is such a ****ing moron.

Shit. That's hard to look at presented like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad