Confirmed with Link: Granlund (MIN) for Fiala(NSH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
For f*** sake someone take Fenton's phone away before he trades Zucker to Nashville for future considerations

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
C1mGBSvWEAANu9k.jpg

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
This is so disappointing. Just wish I knew what Fenton's master plan is. Retooling would make sense if there was a pick/prospect coming back. 1 for 1 though? Yikes.

space321

May 11, 2011
This is gonna be a f***ing disaster. I understand trying to rebuild, but you at least need SOME good players to shelter the young guys. It's good that he's building a core of 20-22 year olds so in a few years (if things pan out the way he wants) they can compete, but you NEED VETERANS WHO CAN PLAY. Parise/Suter will be 37 by then holy f***. And what if some of these prospects don't pan out? What if Donato slumps again? What if Fiala slumps? Then it's just game over. Granlund is a f***ing valuable asset who's on a very reasonable contract for another year, and all he got from a divisional rival was Fiala?

HwT

Mar 9, 2017
Finland
Does Fenton know that Fiala is Swiss, not Swedish?

Predict mass exodus of Finns from our board to NSH, booing Suter as they go.

Not going to go over to Nashville nor any other team and I am no fair-weather fan, but at the same time I don't have the same geographical ties to Minnesota as the locals have. Trading away all the Finnish players and the rest of the supposed core + going through rebuild (and missing playoffs for the next five years) + growing to hate the team's management sure puts on a damper on my willingness to watch the games at 3am. There's a good chance this trade will make me quit these boards and following NHL altogether.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
When the Niederreiter trade happened I wrote that it was the worst trade in franchise history...I still think that but this is a close second.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
When the Niederreiter trade happened I wrote that it was the worst trade in franchise history...I still think that but this is a close second.

I agree. Not trying to justify the return for Granlund, but the Niederreiter deal was worse because Rask can't even play.

Reactions: Mookie Blaylock

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
The only thing that disturbs me the most about this trade, is it was for basically nothing and it is to a team that our GM used to be in the front office for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad