Grand Theft Auto V

Sep 19, 2008
Could have sworn we had a GTA Online thread somewhere but it vanished

Are you the head of an enterprising, results-driven mercenary outfit looking to expand its client base? Are you and your team capable of thinking on your feet, asking no questions and executing your orders with surgical precision? If the answer to those questions is yes, then you can expect Mr. Madrazo to get in touch soon about some very pressing work in the all-new Madrazo Dispatch Services Contact Missions. Infiltrate LSPD holding cells or launch an assault on Merryweather HQ as you seek to silence a few names on Madrazo's hit list.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Is this another thing I won't have time to even get because everything online is so damn expensive?

Honestly, playing online at this point is so boring if you don't put actual money down.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Is this another thing I won't have time to even get because everything online is so damn expensive?

Honestly, playing online at this point is so boring if you don't put actual money down.
My brother and I have a method to make $2-3M per hour, so it's actually fun when you have money to play with. The game is brutally boring without money because everything is so incredibly expensive and money is so slow to get.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
GTA V was great. This thread makes me want to replay it.

I found GTA Online to be useless if you don't have a group/party.

This is one of the greatest single player franchises ever.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
GTA V was great. This thread makes me want to replay it.

I found GTA Online to be useless if you don't have a group/party.

This is one of the greatest single player franchises ever.

I agree. The attention to detail and the craftmanship of the world is just crazy. It's like every little detail was planned meticulously and carefully. They take every opportunity to put easter eggs and just little references everywhere.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I really tried with GTA IV. Lasted about 5 missions. I guess it was a masterwork in its time.

Of course I was spoiled by finishing GTA V beforehand.

IV has the best story and characters by far.

Ballad of Gay Tony was great, the main game was too drab.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
IV has the best story and characters by far.

Ballad of Gay Tony was great, the main game was too drab.

And let's be real, GTA IV was enjoyed by the vast majority who played it. But this is the internet, where people will find reasons to say why the most attractive women in the world looks like a pig. GTA IV got a bad reputation for cutting a lot of the customization from GTA:SA, but it has great characters, and significantly improved driving and shooting mechanics. It's hard to play the 3D era GTA games anymore.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Could have sworn we had a GTA Online thread somewhere but it vanished
Is this in the online mode or the campaign mode? I kind of miss playing the game, but the open world online stuff is just too annoying at the moment. I kind of miss just doing the alone stuff.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
And let's be real, GTA IV was enjoyed by the vast majority who played it. But this is the internet, where people will find reasons to say why the most attractive women in the world looks like a pig. GTA IV got a bad reputation for cutting a lot of the customization from GTA:SA, but it has great characters, and significantly improved driving and shooting mechanics. It's hard to play the 3D era GTA games anymore.
I can enjoy something, but that doesn't make it as good as its comparables.

I enjoy apple pie, but it doesn't touch strawberry cheesecake.

I think at the time of release and playing it people enjoyed it, but in comparison to GTA V it showed how empty of a game GTA IV really was.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I have a love/hate relationship with GTA V. I think it's a great game. However I hate it because they never released a single player dlc.
I would have loved single player DLC. Rockstar just found a much more efficient business model in GTA Online.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I gotta go back and beat this. I do enjoy Rockstar games, but I'm not as big a fan of them as others.

I've never tried GTA online. I heard you have to be careful which car you steal first because that's the only one you get for free and you are stuck with it.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
I recently got back into GTA V online as I never really took a deep dive into it before. Having fun, but this would definitely be a better experience with friends.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I recently got back into GTA V online as I never really took a deep dive into it before. Having fun, but this would definitely be a better experience with friends.
What system do you play on? I'm on ps4. My brother and I do play occasionally.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I play on Ps4 as well. I play mainly with 1 friend, another 1 pending. Feel free to add me, same username on PS as here.
Alright cool, I'll add you up. my username is the same as well. lol

kr580

Who knows.
Aug 9, 2009
California
Anyone still play this? Just got it cheap, dunno what I'm doing with GTA Online. I'm on PC if anyone wants to play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad