Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Just to think, we waived Martin Frk at the beginning of the year. I think he deserves a look next season depending on what happens.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
And a playoffs MVP for Bert.

But he needs more time in GR?

Are you arguing winning the MVP and being there is bad for his development?

They gave Bertuzzi games this year, he is right on course with his development and this was great for it. No need to push the narrative when it doesn't exist.

Happy to see them win. Older group than the last one, but still good for all those players to be practicing and together this deep in the year. I hope we do see Nosek and Bertuzzi with the Wings next year.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Are you arguing winning the MVP and being there is bad for his development?

They gave Bertuzzi games this year, he is right on course with his development and this was great for it. No need to push the narrative when it doesn't exist.

Happy to see them win. Older group than the last one, but still good for all those players to be practicing and together this deep in the year. I hope we do see Nosek and Bertuzzi with the Wings next year.

He definitely needed this year of development + playoffs.

Wasn't up to the speed and strength of the NHL.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Great piece of news! Was seriously considering driving down to Syracuse (from Toronto) last Saturday and was sure glad I didn't lol.

Wonder if Stevie Y watched any of the finals (given Syracuse is Tampa's farm team) and if our win nudged him any closer to comin' home. Hey I can dream can't I? ;)

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Good for them.

I hope for the Wings sake that we can at the very least become borderline contenders while Bertuzzi is still young if he's going to be this playoff monster at every level.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Congrats to the Griffins! Great experience in big games for our prospects and helps to develop a winning culture.

And it wasn't like some of our legit NHL prospects were just 'along for the ride'...

Bertuzzi:
19GP - 9G - 19PTS - 50 PIMS and MVP
Nosek:
19GP - 10G - 22PTS
Svechnikov:
19GP - 5G -12PTS

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Good for them.

I hope for the Wings sake that we can at the very least become borderline contenders while Bertuzzi is still young if he's going to be this playoff monster at every level.

I feel that way about mrazek too.

Glad these kids can build a winning atmosphere, bring that stuff to Detroit

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Congrats to the Griffins! Great experience in big games for our prospects and helps to develop a winning culture.

And it wasn't like some of our legit NHL prospects were just 'along for the ride'...

Bertuzzi:
Nosek:
19GP - 10G - 22PTS
Svechnikov:
19GP - 5G -12PTS

Looking at the stats Svechnikov scored 9 of his points the first 8 games and 11 in the first 13.

Can anyone speak to how he played in final 2 series?

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
He definitely needed this year of development + playoffs.

Wasn't up to the speed and strength of the NHL.

Meh it was a travesty watching Miller or Ott each game but you're probably right. I thought 'Lil Bert was fine in his 7 games, made a couple tricky plays. The injury though is proof of what you're saying: he's wasn't strong enough on his skates to protect himself against a run-of-the-mill dirty NHL check.

So after winning the MVP trophy does Bertuzzi get to sit in the press box opening night like Tatar did for the blazing talents of Samuelsson and Cleary?

Anyways congratulations to the Griffins. Must have been a great run to follow- respect to the folks who've been watching and thanks for sharing your perspective.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON

Bertuzzi:
Nosek:
19GP - 10G - 22PTS
Svechnikov:
19GP - 5G -12PTS

That is awesome. I expect Nosek and Bertuzzi to be in Detroit to start the season with Svech being the first injury call up.

Congrats Griffins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad