10. Russo
Hm
11. Sadowy
12. Larsson
13. Pearson
14. Ehn
T15. Marsh, Elfstrom, Turgeon

But everyone's list is different.

Love your list. I don't think Marsh is still Wings property is he? I think you have Smith too high but that's just me. Everything else is stellar. I'd problem remove Smith completely from my top 10. Not a fan.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Updated pre NHL draft I'd go
1. Svechnikov
2. Hronek
3. Cholowski
4. Saarijarvi
5. Bertuzzi
6. Smith
7. Hicketts
8. Sambrook
9. Holmstrom
10. Russo
Hm
11. Sadowy
12. Larsson
13. Pearson
14. Ehn
T15. Marsh, Elfstrom, Turgeon

But everyone's list is different.

Yeah smith is way too high but that's probably what the list looks like when updated in the summer (no prospects from this draft of course)

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I have a slightly different question. Can someone give me a quick rundown on the potential/expectations of the players who made their NHL debut last season?

Martin Frk
Tyler Bertuzzi
Robbie Russo
Nick Jensen
Jared Coreau
Matt Lorito
Dan Renouf

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
I have a slightly different question. Can someone give me a quick rundown on the potential/expectations of the players who made their NHL debut last season?

Martin Frk
Tyler Bertuzzi
Robbie Russo
Nick Jensen
Jared Coreau
Matt Lorito
Dan Renouf

Marty Frk never played for Detroit. Played a couple games for Carolina. Played on the fourth line, never got PP time which he's known for in Grand Rapids. Skating will hold him back.

Tyler Bertuzzi didn't standout. Good skater. Wasn't really physically there at the NHL level quite yet but despite being an agitator he has skill. Very excited to see him next season. Wasn't hurting the team.

Robbie Russo is a guy we expected to help the PP. Didn't get PP time. He was really sound defensively in a sheltered role. Good first pass. You didn't notice him much which is definitely really good defensively, and a bit disappointing offensively.

Nick Jensen took his role and took off. He created 5 on 5 and was a great skater. Defensively a few-ish moments but sound there too. Enough to be protected in the expansion draft. He finished the season in a top four role.

Jared Coreau was shaky. Made basic saves. Never took over games. Never made that extra stop. Inconsistent and definitely wasn't ready for a day-to-day role in the NHL.

Matt Lorito is skilled. I thought he'd be faster. Average speed. Got over the speed difference after a period or so and created some chances. I think he played on the second or third line to finish the season. I want to say he played with Frans Nielsen. I know it was just 2 games but was surprised he didn't get a goal with his chances. He has a chance to crack the roster next season.

Dan Renouf played a game. Good skater. Defensive guy. Never stood out which he won't. Has to battle some legit prospects for some game time over the next few seasons.

Ah **** potential/expectations.

Tyler Bertuzzi - Most hated player in Detroit. Middle six winger. Can play anywhere. Will be overpaid someday. Peak season close to 25 goals. More so a 15-17 goal scorer for a couple stretch seasons. Fan favourite

Martin Frk - AHL'er/Europe.

Robbie Russo - 20 point NHLer. Probably get jumped at a point and bounces around the league but a valuable every day player.

Nick Jensen - Bret Hedican/Jason Wooley sort of role. Excellent skater that can log minutes. Likely a number four long-term

Jared Coreau - Depends on if he gets his technique down which would allow him to use his size. It took Ben Bishop time too. I think he's a back-up for a couple years. Bounces around, gets interest due to his size.

Matt Lorito - Becomes a regular somewhere. Some decent seasons. 30 point potential.

Dan Renouf - No idea.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Love your list. I don't think Marsh is still Wings property is he? I think you have Smith too high but that's just me. Everything else is stellar. I'd problem remove Smith completely from my top 10. Not a fan.

I think you're right about marsh. Oh well, 7th round pick.
After the top 5 there's a drop off and it's just playing favorites. I knew people would comment on smith lol. Cholowski I could see dropping below saarijarvi. But then again it's hard to judge defensemen prospects when you can't watch them yourself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad