Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins are AHL CHAMPIONS!

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I wonder if Pulkkinen was injured because I didn't notice him later in the game?

Great win, "the big steal" ;)

Oct 18, 2006
Two consecutive 7-0 wins wow!! This team has tons of potential especially if Mrazek can play strong. If Wings lose tonight can the recall Andersson and Nyquist? Not that they may want to after a grueling series against the Ducks.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Apparently Lashoff has been sent down. Also, Nedomlel's ATO ended, Tvrdon was re-assigned to Vancouver and McCollum called up to Detroit. Pearce was the back-up tonight for GR. Link: http://theahl.com/stats/transactions.php?f_season_id=42&f_team_id=328

Interesting, but obviously the right call. Lashoff >> Fournier.

Imagine this...

Nyquist-Andersson-Jurco
Tatar-Sheahan-Pare
Hoggan-Ferraro-Mursak
Glendening-Aubry-Pulkkinen

I think Aubry would be out for sure, and probably Pulkkinen since they want to have a grit line.

Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar
Pare-Sheahan-Jurco
Ferraro-Glendening-Mursak
Grant-Hoggan-Callahan

Oct 18, 2006
Interesting, but obviously the right call. Lashoff >> Fournier.

I think Aubry would be out for sure, and probably Pulkkinen since they want to have a grit line.
Aubry brings heaps of grit. But...

Swap Callahan with Pulu, but Pulu's been too good to scratch IMO.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Aubry brings heaps of grit. But...

Swap Callahan with Pulu, but Pulu's been too good to scratch IMO.

Don't think Callahan or Grant are coming out. Toronto already started gooning up this game. Callahan has earned major trust and penaltykills a lot. But it's up for discussion.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Two consecutive 7-0 wins wow!! This team has tons of potential especially if Mrazek can play strong. If Wings lose tonight can the recall Andersson and Nyquist? Not that they may want to after a grueling series against the Ducks.

I have no problem with Lashoff being sent down but I don't want to see Nyquist or Andersson back down. Hell, I want Tatar in Detroit right now. We have a bunch of guys in their early 20s who need to play in the NHL, not the AHL.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I have no problem with Lashoff being sent down but I don't want to see Nyquist or Andersson back down. Hell, I want Tatar in Detroit right now. We have a bunch of guys in their early 20s who need to play in the NHL, not the AHL.

If they're eliminated I'm pretty sure they'd rather play some more hockey than go golfing.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Originally Posted by fabricoh

Maybe we can send them down to the ECHL. Think of how much confidence they'd get crushing a crappy league like the ECHL! :sarcasm:

If they manage to get to the finals, I think they'd face Syracuse Crunch. A team that has 6 or so players that are on par with Tatar, Andy, Nyquist. Eg. Can play in NHL but aren't big time contributors yet.

Last edited:

redwings85

In Ozzie I trust.
Nov 11, 2008
America's Hat.
Was at Game 1 last night. Game 2 today as well.

Toronto came out strong in the first. Took a good 10m or so for Griffins to click in. Then they just dominated.

Tatar looks amazing I really don't get why he isn't with the Wings over Nyquist. Mursak showed some signs of life but I can see why he's not with the team. Pul looked good. The entire team was pretty good. The 8 days off for Toronto really shown in my books. I expect Toronto to come out swinging this afternoon.

I was tempted to wait beside the GR bus after the game but I wussed out.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Was at Game 1 last night. Game 2 today as well.

Toronto came out strong in the first. Took a good 10m or so for Griffins to click in. Then they just dominated.

Tatar looks amazing I really don't get why he isn't with the Wings over Nyquist. Mursak showed some signs of life but I can see why he's not with the team. Pul looked good. The entire team was pretty good. The 8 days off for Toronto really shown in my books. I expect Toronto to come out swinging this afternoon.

I was tempted to wait beside the GR bus after the game but I wussed out.

More like over Cleary, Eaves et al.

Mursak has some really nice flashes, but then he disappears for big stretches. I can't put my finger on why, he's got the speed to be visible every shift.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad