Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins are AHL CHAMPIONS!

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1313299

d96547dfdd5270e1f3c030d65856ab05.jpeg

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
The Zetterberg Era said:
One of his greatest strengths, allows him to forecheck with abandon but still cover back ala Helm. Not that fast in terms of Helm and Ferraro is the fastest guy in Grand Rapids, but he really covers the full 200 feet.
newfy said:
He should be but yeah it is hard to say considering hes a GR contract. If he keeps up how he played last night he'll move up the depth chart pretty quickly.

His speed isnt absolutely amazing like Ferraro or Helm but hes a notch below that. After Ferraro hes probably the best forechecker down there. His style of game would just look so much better on the fourth line than Emmerton's. Glendening is one of the top face off guys on the team too.

Everything about him screams quality bottom 6 player unlike Emmerton (who I havent minded this year) but at the same point in their development Luke is much better
thanks

Oct 18, 2006
Jurco is a stud. Leading the team with 3 points (2G,A) in 3 games. To go with his great performances down the stretch, he's really finding his feet and his confidence levels just continue to grow. He's got special talent.

And I couldn't be happier with the transition Pulkkinen has made, he looks great.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Jurco is a stud. Leading the team with 3 points (2G,A) in 3 games. To go with his great performances down the stretch, he's really finding his feet and his confidence levels just continue to grow. He's got special talent.

And I couldn't be happier with the transition Pulkkinen has made, he looks great.

I've been saying it since they drafted him, I think he and Sproul are the two most important Wings prospects in the pipeline. They have the highest upside and don't mimic the skillsets of other guys in the pipeline the way Jarnkrok and Ouellet do.

RedWingsNow*

Houston Aeros 4 at Grand Rapids Griffins 1 - Status: Unofficial Final
Friday, May 3, 2013 - Van Andel Arena

Houston 2 1 1 - 4
Grand Rapids 1 0 0 - 1

1st Period-1, Grand Rapids, Glendening 2 4:44 (SH). 2, Houston, Granlund 1 (Fontaine, Connelly), 12:24 (PP). 3, Houston, Rau 1 (Fontaine), 19:31. Penalties-Grant Gr (boarding), 2:51; Kampfer Hou (interference), 5:24; Bagnall Hou (tripping), 9:33; Callahan Gr (tripping), 12:13.

2nd Period-4, Houston, Kampfer 1 (Connelly), 10:35 (PP). Penalties-Skinner Gr (hooking), 9:21; Bagnall Hou (hooking), 13:37.

3rd Period-5, Houston, McIntyre 2 (Fontaine), 17:55 (EN). Penalties-Haula Hou (slashing), 3:36; Almquist Gr (diving), 3:36; Medvec Hou (tripping), 9:55.

Shots on Goal-Houston 7-8-4-19. Grand Rapids 15-9-18-42.
Power Play Opportunities-Houston 2 / 3; Grand Rapids 0 / 4.
Goalies-Houston, Condon 0-1-0 (42 shots-41 saves). Grand Rapids, Mrazek 2-1-0 (18 shots-15 saves).
A-4,190
Referees-Darcy Burchell (42), Trevor Hanson (47).
Linesmen-Jared Hoffmeyer (91), Jim Scarpace (75).

Jeez... their goalie outplayed our goalie.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not really on the goalies outplaying, a Red Wings classic by the farm team. They piled up a bunch of really non-dangerous shots from the perimeter, great start that really hit a lull towards the end of the first and then were dominated for a large portion of the second. Oh well great start but they couldn't build off of it and then crack through when Houston just went into defensive hockey.

Anchor Town*

I've been saying it since they drafted him, I think he and Sproul are the two most important Wings prospects in the pipeline. They have the highest upside and don't mimic the skillsets of other guys in the pipeline the way Jarnkrok and Ouellet do.

What other centers in the system does Jarnkrok's skillset mimic?

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
i have seen little of jarnkrok, but he looked to me more like datsyuk and filppula than zetterberg.

i don't understand it, either. C is also a lot more important position than W, and jarnkrok seems to be the only one with realistic potential to be in top 6.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005

It's not an exact match, but small shifty playmaker sounds a lot like Tatar, Nyquist, throw Pulkkinen in there, throw Quine in there. You can only have so many 5'10 170 lb guys in your top 6. You need a big body that can skate and shoot, or else you end up with Abdelkader on your top line.

I hope Jarnkrok and Jurco both end up on the Wings' top line in a couple years. They seem like they would mesh very well together. But they don't have anybody in the system that plays a game remotely close to the game Jurco can play if he keeps developing. Size, speed, elite scoring ability.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Griffins are dominant. Tatar scored 2-0 on a rush shooting from the blueline, that kinda deflated the Aeros. Their rookie goalie is having a McCollum like meltdown.

RedWingsNow*

Tatar 2 goals and an assist
5-0
So much for Wes' theory about needing to play for a winner in the minors to be a playoff player

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
Tatar just scored a nice goal at the end of the 2nd to make it 5-0 - walked out of the corner and dangled a few Aeros.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad