Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London

Understatement - Zadina was held and yanked back by his jersey. The guy literally had a fistfull of his shirt, stopped him and then pulled him back. For an official to miss that means they just weren't looking - it was SO obvious, sustained and had a clear and direct impact on the play.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Zadina's starting to get back on track, 3 points in his last 3 games.
Seider managing to stay on the plus side of the +/- is impressive, too. (looking at you, Veleno with the -10 :laugh: )

Last edited:

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Zadina's starting to get back on track, 3 points in his last 3 games.
I'm back to doing the same thing I was doing last year: I wouldn't exactly say any of those 3 points came on plays indicative of a high level player creating offense and high level plays. Does't look like he's turning any sort of a corner to me

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I'm back to doing the same thing I was doing last year: I wouldn't exactly say any of those 3 points came on plays indicative of a high level player creating offense and high level plays. Does't look like he's turning any sort of a corner to me

His goal last game was from him going in front of the net and tipping a shot in. His biggest critique has been playing too much on the perimeter and relying on his shot.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Does anyone who tracks the Griffins have any idea of how 5-on-5 or PP time is being distributed? I notice that the Griffin's leading scorers are basically AHL vets (Terry, Puempel, Ras, Ford, Svech, Turgeon) and then a sharp dropoff. Makes me wonder if the kids are getting enough ice time and a chance to develop. Veleno being a -10 with only 2 goals in 9 games is shocking to me considering his past accumen and work ethic. If the Grifs can't start doing more with these skilled kids they should start looking at a coaching change.

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
His goal last game was from him going in front of the net and tipping a shot in. His biggest critique has been playing too much on the perimeter and relying on his shot.
"In front of the net" was out above the hashmarks. I don't see him, or anyone else, scoring a lot of goals like that

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI

Did you see his assist to Kaski?

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
Your agenda is showing
The nearest defender fell down for absolutely no reason and gave him a lifetime in a high danger area.

Forgive me if I don't think that play is indicative of what what we can expect out of his NHL career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad