Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Since it looks like Griffs season is sadly coming to an end... I wonder if the Czech Republic asks either Hronek and/or Zadina to play in the World Championship?

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012
Things looking pretty bleak as far as coming back in this game...

How does everyone feel about Ben Simon after one year? Not sure if it's a matter of personnel or his system, but the bad special teams and the dump and chase style I've seen in most of the games this year have left a lot to be desired from me.

Reactions: LazyT

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Since it looks like Griffs season is sadly coming to an end... I wonder if the Czech Republic asks either Hronek and/or Zadina to play in the World Championship?

Both seem to be probable selections should they become available after today.

Sulak might be in that picture as well. Not sure how much of their team they have named.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think it’d be better for Zadina to have a long offseason and bulk up. Hronek can go though

The Wings have likely already made a decision on this. With it so close being hosted in Slovakia I think it might be fairly important to release him. Zadina will need to get in a full off-season, but that really means starting back up in June, if he wants to play into May that is a more normal off-season, zero problem with him playing assuming his medical is good with the team.

Christien

May 1, 2010
The Wings have likely already made a decision on this. With it so close being hosted in Slovakia I think it might be fairly important to release him. Zadina will need to get in a full off-season, but that really means starting back up in June, if he wants to play into May that is a more normal off-season, zero problem with him playing assuming his medical is good with the team.
I just don’t think it’s a good idea to risk him getting injured going into a very important offseason. He’s played a ton of hockey and they even let him go to the U20s this season.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Season over!!
Game 5

Grand Rapids Griffins 2 at Chicago Wolves 4 - Status: Final
Sunday, April 28, 2019 - Allstate Arena

Grand Rapids 1 0 1 - 2
Chicago 0 3 1 - 4

1st Period-1, Grand Rapids, Saarijarvi 1 (Terry, Elson), 7:22.

Penalties-No Penalties

2nd Period-2, Chicago, Glass 2 (Hyka, Hague), 3:41. 3, Chicago, Hyka 2 (McKenzie, Tynan), 5:31 (PP). 4, Chicago, Kolesar 3 (Bischoff, Tynan), 13:08.

Penalties-Hronek Gr (interference), 4:52; Matteau Chi (cross-checking), 19:28.

3rd Period-5, Chicago, Kolesar 4 (McKenzie, Tynan), 3:06. 6, Grand Rapids, Campbell 3 (Camper, Hicketts), 19:26.

Penalties-Hronek Gr (tripping), 5:30; served by Frk Gr (bench minor - unsportsmanlike conduct), 8:30; Megan Gr (hooking), 11:15; Chelios Gr (high-sticking), 13:17.

Shots on Goal-Grand Rapids 8-13-11-32. Chicago 6-8-6-20.

Power Play Opportunities-Grand Rapids 0 / 1; Chicago 1 / 5.

Goalies-Grand Rapids, Sateri 2-3 (20 shots-16 saves). Chicago, Dansk 2-1 (32 shots-30 saves).

A-5,138

Referees-Reid Anderson (49), Terry Koharski (10).
Linesmen-Tyson Baker (88), Bevan Mills (53).

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Pretty disappointing end considering the amount of NHL talent they returned for the playoffs.

Oct 18, 2006
Things looking pretty bleak as far as coming back in this game...

How does everyone feel about Ben Simon after one year? Not sure if it's a matter of personnel or his system, but the bad special teams and the dump and chase style I've seen in most of the games this year have left a lot to be desired from me.
I posted after the first game and I heard his presser, don’t rate him, at all.

Christien

May 1, 2010

Left-handed defenceman with decent size (6'2, 205 lbs). Led all defencemen in the league putting up 66 points in 55 games and 15 points in 13 games as an overager this year in the Q.

Reactions: martinez

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Left-handed defenceman with decent size (6'2, 205 lbs). Led all defencemen in the league putting up 66 points in 55 games and 15 points in 13 games as an overager this year in the Q.

I noticed this guy when cheking McIsaac stats in QMJHL. Overager, but best on overall scoring. McIsaac was league-best on points/game.

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
Kia Humanitarian of the Year Award: Charle-Edouard D’Astous, Rimouski Oceanic
Rimouski Oceanic defenceman Charle-Edouard D’Astous excelled on the ice while also serving as an ambassador in his hometown community of Rimouski, Que., in helping to raise $3,500 for the Rimouski Regional Hospital Foundation, for which he also served as a spokesperson. The 21-year-old signee of the AHL’s Grand Rapids Griffins was also involved with several other local charitable causes. On the ice, the fourth-year player led all QMJHL defenceman with 66 points, including a league-leading 25 assists on the power play. D’Astous is the first QMJHL player to win the award since Danick Martel (Blainville-Boisbriand Armada) in 2015, and the second from his team to win following Philippe Sauve in 1999. Finalists for the Humanitarian of the Year Award this year included Will Warm of the Edmonton Oil Kings and Nicholas Canade of the Mississauga Steelheads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad