Grand Rapids Griffins 2012-13 ‎- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
A 2.51 and a .907 is decent but nothing to brag about in todays NHL, its actually very average or below. In the clips i've seen of him the past few years, the goals he allows are bad, bad angles, bad judgements and just stuff that does not show progress. I have also read reports from people who i trust that exemplifies the same thing.

I was in the minority about Howard being legit beause he wasnt doing these things. I saw game after game in the AHL when i lived in GR and he was getting left out to try, never a wrong angle, just bad defense, bad breaks, bad everything. TM, he just doesnt play the position right. Angles are piss poor. I will stay in the minority but 3-4 years from now, we will see.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Mrazek has 11 wins from 14 games, which is almost 80%. Wow.

and he's also a .16 and 0.39 GAA better. and he's over 2 years younger. That's huge at that stage.

TM was a '08 draftee. This is a draft where by now we could have had a impact player ready to play for us this year. Sucks to know this was a wasted draft pick. Sucks to know our best pick was Nyquist in round 5.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Time to give the reigns to Mrazek and move on.

Mrazek has the reigns so.... I am glad McCollum has improved a bunch this year, can never have enough goalies in your system. I don't know that he will get a contract after this year anyway, but it should be pointed out he has improved. Might not be enough for the NHL, but lets call a spade a spade and not pick on the guy like he is playing the same he did for the first year and a half as a Griffin and he has been much better for the last year in a half, deserves some credit for it.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
and he's also a .16 and 0.39 GAA better. and he's over 2 years younger. That's huge at that stage.

TM was a '08 draftee. This is a draft where by now we could have had a impact player ready to play for us this year. Sucks to know this was a wasted draft pick. Sucks to know our best pick was Nyquist in round 5.

4th round. Last pick though.

5th round pick was Julien Cayer

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Surfacing for air for a moment.....

I've been busy on the business board so I haven't had a chance to follow the Griffs closely. How are Smitty and Nyquist looking so far?

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Smith is good but not really up to expectations (B to B+). Nyquist started great but really slowed down scoring wise - suspected shoulder injury - still great D (A-). IMHO

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere

I've been busy on the business board so I haven't had a chance to follow the Griffs closely. How are Smitty and Nyquist looking so far?

When I saw Smith in person, he was solid and scored a goal. My guess is he's just floating until he takes the next step to the NHL where he has more to accomplish. Nyquist was invisible, 'cept for some decent puck cycling routines with his line.

One thing I forgot to mention last Friday... I saw Smith try and pick off a forward for a breakaway... Almost led to a disaster. Quite interesting, though.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

They're doing what's expected of them I think. Whatever last steps they might take in their development, they'll take in the NHL.

Truth be told, I probably expected Smith to have a higher ppg average than last season. But Billins has had a hot start and the Griffins have a good puck moving core spreading the points between them, which is some of the explanation behind it.

Nyquist is, save for the OKC guys, right up there in scoring. He's keeping up with guys like Niederreiter, Schenn and Connolly. Despite being kinda quiet lately.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Griffins better bring their A game, especially the D, or else they might get lit up.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Very nice to see Smith finally get some points in bunches. 3 so far. Sheahan 2+1 aswell.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It looks like a lot of the Griffins big guns were looking forward to this game. They have really showed up. Sheahan has been the best first year AHL player on the ice. That is including Eberle and Hall right now.:laugh:

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Ferraro and Sheahan are so dangerous shorthanded. I want to see Ferraro on Helm's wing and Sheahan centering the fourth line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad