Grade the Trade Deadline

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
In a vacuum, A to A+.

Compared to Vegas and Colorado? B.

Both those team and Dallas will be absolute daggers to draw in round one. Gotta finish first in the division.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
A. I will give him an A+ if the deadline comes with a directive to Bowness from top that Scheifele and Ehlers must always play together at 5 on 5. That is the biggest thing Chevy can now do to turbo charge this team and doesn't need to give up a single asset, just exercise his authority.

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I will give him an A+ if the deadline comes with a directive to Bowness from top that Scheifele and Ehlers must always play together at 5 on 5. That is the biggest thing Chevy can now do to turbo charge this team and doesn't need to give up a single asset, just exercise his authority.
I take it you don't buy into the argument of of balancing out the top 2 lines to have possession drivers on both?

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
A. I will give him an A+ if the deadline comes with a directive to Bowness from top that Scheifele and Ehlers must always play together at 5 on 5. That is the biggest thing Chevy can now do to turbo charge this team and doesn't need to give up a single asset, just exercise his authority.
Even though they've lost more than they've wom in the past when schief and ehlers play together?

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
So what are your thoughts then?

On the deadline? Good deadline for Chevy and the Jets. I was comfortable with the Jets standing pat but am also OK with the assets they gave up to get the pieces they did. Nothing to complain about these 2 players or the price paid to get them. Everything is in the hands of Bowness now to take advantage of the flexibility he has been given by the GM, have an open mind and not try to put square pegs in round holes due to preconceived notions.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
That's not at all the case but I don't want this to turn derail and thread into another one about Ehlers/Top line (there are enough already) so I'll drop it.
Smart idea to give the Ehlers thing a break. I read the tea leaves the same way you do, but we need peace in the land tonight to enjoy this.

Looking in general at the Toffoli-charged top-6:
-he is a more of a pure goal scorer in the mold of Connor and not great defensively, so it makes no sense to have them both on the same line
-he has had chemistry with Monahan in the OHL, where he had 2-100+ point, 50+ goal seasons
-if he plays RW with Monahan, that puts Connor on LW with Scheif.
-if he plays RW with Scheif, while Valardi is out, Connor should not be LW

See how I haven't even mentioned the E-word yet! Bottom line is that there are lots of permutations and combinations now possible, so we need to look at all of them before playoffs start.

JetsFan 815, do not respond to this post or you will get yourself in trouble :sarcasm:

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
1709952594303.png

Reactions: SSCBLUEJET

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Don't disagree but I think I will wait to see how the 2nd line performs over the next couple of weeks before endorsing that. Actually, see how both top 6 lines do. Connor - Scheifele looked good tonight.

Reactions: JetsFan815

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I'll give Chevy an A.

With all the limitations that the Jets and Chevy deal with in moving players to the Peg in trades (vs locales like Colorado, FLA, Vegas, LA, etc), his past year (Wheeler, Schuffles, Helly, Monahan, Toffoli, and finally Miller) should be in the A to A+ range. He has done well enough for the vets on the team to take notice (Dillon's interview last night). This TDL itself gets an A.

I think he's become one of the better GMs in the league, certainly in the top 25%.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad