Grade the Trade Deadline

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I was in favor of buying at the deadline. Unfortunately, Monahan and Toffoli are invisible in the post season. We knew they were slow, but the magnitude of it makes them effectively useless against the Avs. I think we picked up a D man too. But you'd never know it.

Reactions: hn777

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
At the time in seemed good. With the benefit of hindsight this trade deadline was a solid F. Gave away futures for garbage rentals who have been less than useless when games mattered.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Monahan

Then -- Came round, he was solid, though his help on PP took a lousy setup and set it in stone.

Now -- Still a decent rental. Was always a complementary piece, playoff disaster not really his fault

Toffee

Then -- Bemused by this one -- luxury price for bargain-bin impact

Now -- Still don't get it. Direct product of coaching blindspots IMO, and less than useless in POs, since vet status -- 33 Goalz!!! -- and rental cost means he can't be benched

Miller

Then -- Who dat?

Now -- Who dat? Pointless waste of Only a 4th, and classic Chevy draft death by 1000 cuts reinforcement who Bones clearly didn't trust and never played. if I'm him I'm pretending I never arrived in WPG

Overall Grade: C-

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad