Injury Report: Grabovski (Concussion *Post 79*; Upper body injury) *Day-To-Day*

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Brett Cyrgalis @BrettCyrgalis · 8m 8 minutes ago
Grabovski officially placed on IR, retroactive to Oct. 16, meaning he can't play tomorrow. #Isles

https://twitter.com/BrettCyrgalis

This and the McDonald waive means Lee is definitely coming up.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
So...

- Grabo
- CMac
+ Lubo
+ Lee

That's the final shakeout? Which means Conacher is still here until Grabo comes back. That's my guess.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
So...

- Grabo
- CMac
+ Lubo
+ Lee

That's the final shakeout? Which means Conacher is still here until Grabo comes back. That's my guess.

when grabo comes back, this is what id like to see:

Lee-JT-KO
Grabovski-Nelson-Strome
Kulemin-Nielsen-Bailey
Conacher-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
Martin

When grabner comes back:

Lee-JT-KO
Grabovski-Nelson-Strome
Kulemin-Nielsen-Grabner
Bailey-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

that is a 4th line you can roll for 12 min easy

Islander Prophet

Oct 31, 2010
London, UK
with Visnovsky and Lee coming up to replace Strait and McDonald, this is starting to look more like the roster that we can hope for in the longer run. As soon as Grabovski returns, I assume that Conacher might lose his spot. It's starting to look pretty good for us with our injuries getting back in the picture.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
with Visnovsky and Lee coming up to replace Strait and McDonald, this is starting to look more like the roster that we can hope for in the longer run. As soon as Grabovski returns, I assume that Conacher might lose his spot. It's starting to look pretty good for us with our injuries getting back in the picture.

And after THursday, there's a good chance that Donovan gets waived to make room for Grabo. And once that happens, one of Grabo/Lee/Nelson moves to #1LW and Conacher moves to the press box.

Doesn't guarantee anything, but that's a team with no real weak links - at least on paper. Or at least its utilizing its assets to the max.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
And after THursday, there's a good chance that Donovan gets waived to make room for Grabo. And once that happens, one of Grabo/Lee/Nelson moves to #1LW and Conacher moves to the press box.

Doesn't guarantee anything, but that's a team with no real weak links - at least on paper. Or at least its utilizing its assets to the max.

Pretty much how I see it, when fully healthy

Lee-Tavares-Okposo
Grabo-Nelson-Strome
Bailey-Nielsen-Kulemin
Martin/Conacher-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Boulton, Martin/Conacher

de Haan-Hamonic
Leddy-Boychuk
Hickey-Vis

Strait

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Pretty much how I see it, when fully healthy

Lee-Tavares-Okposo
Grabo-Nelson-Strome
Bailey-Nielsen-Kulemin
Martin/Conacher-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Boulton, Martin/Conacher

de Haan-Hamonic
Leddy-Boychuk
Hickey-Vis

Strait
You forgot Grabner.
Bailey will be forced to 4th line, Martin out.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
You forgot Grabner.
Bailey will be forced to 4th line, Martin out.

If Bailey keeps playing like he has been, he's not going to be forced to the fourth line.

It's still a ways away, but it looks like Grabner's going to have play himself back into the lineup.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
It's still a ways away, but it looks like Grabner's going to have play himself back into the lineup.

Shouldn't be too hard when you still have forwards like Conacher and Martin skating around. Grabner could outplay those two in his sleep. But the Islanders are getting there. Wasn't long ago and there were 5 or 6 forwards of little to no use skating nightly.

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
Shouldn't be too hard when you still have forwards like Conacher and Martin skating around. Grabner could outplay those two in his sleep. But the Islanders are getting there. Wasn't long ago and there were 5 or 6 forwards of little to no use skating nightly.

Listen I have warmed up to the idea we don't need a Bolton type player every night in the lineup mainly because of how the NHL has evolved...At least give me Martin! I mean are we really gonna have players out there hitting opposing players with there purses if the s*** goes down? Taking Martin out of the lineup would leave no type of protection for anyone...Save the "Hamonic/Boychuk can fight" comments...It will hurt us a lot more to lose Hammer or Boychuk 5 minutes at a clip.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
Listen I have warmed up to the idea we don't need a Bolton type player every night in the lineup mainly because of how the NHL has evolved...At least give me Martin! I mean are we really gonna have players out there hitting opposing players with there purses if the s*** goes down? Taking Martin out of the lineup would leave no type of protection for anyone...Save the "Hamonic/Boychuk can fight" comments...It will hurt us a lot more to lose Hammer or Boychuk 5 minutes at a clip.

When Martin stays disciplined, is motivated and keeps his focus and it's against dirty/scrappy/physical teams he can be a real asset. I just don't need to see him 82 times a year.

Martin needs a bit of a wake up call to be honest. He is pretty wreckless, doesn't play smart or read plays well at all most nights. He's just roving for hits. If one of those checks helps the team its by complete accident because all of his hits are just for the sake of hitting.

Look, I like Martin but he needs a coach to light a fire under his ass and reign him in. I think we all know that we dont have that.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I've always kind of thought Grabner would be an effective 4th liner. His game is more about disruption (with his speed), and he's not a guy who relies on sustained offensive pressure to score. Put him with a pest (Cizikas) and a hitter (Clutterbuck/Martin) and give the opposition 3 guys to worry about for different reasons. And he'll still get his breakaway chances. With his regular shift and PK he'll still get 15+ minutes a night.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
I've always kind of thought Grabner would be an effective 4th liner. His game is more about disruption (with his speed), and he's not a guy who relies on sustained offensive pressure to score. Put him with a pest (Cizikas) and a hitter (Clutterbuck/Martin) and give the opposition 3 guys to worry about for different reasons. And he'll still get his breakaway chances. With his regular shift and PK he'll still get 15+ minutes a night.

I agree, that's the perfect situation for him. Transition and special teams extraordinaire!

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Good news if true...
B.D. Gallof ‏@BDGallof 14m14 minutes ago
Hearing Grabovski to be back next game #isles ... Not just “possibly”.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Good news if true...

I'm really interested as to what happens when this team is fully healthy, what would the lineup look like. Bailey is going to be gone for probably 4-6 weeks, so we'll see what happens for the time being. I think the lines will look like:

Lee-Tavares-Okposo
Grabovski-Nelson-Strome
Kulemin-Nielsen-Conacher
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Seems fine to me. When Bailey and Grabner come back, then that'll be a different story. My guess, is Grabner becomes expendable. Strome's performance as of late has made Grabner trade bait to me. It sucks because I LOVE Grabner, but it's looking like it right now.

dv92

Jun 30, 2014
I'm really interested as to what happens when this team is fully healthy, what would the lineup look like. Bailey is going to be gone for probably 4-6 weeks, so we'll see what happens for the time being. I think the lines will look like:

Lee-Tavares-Okposo
Grabovski-Nelson-Strome
Kulemin-Nielsen-Conacher

Seems fine to me. When Bailey and Grabner come back, then that'll be a different story. My guess, is Grabner becomes expendable. Strome's performance as of late has made Grabner trade bait to me. It sucks because I LOVE Grabner, but it's looking like it right now.

I agree with those lines. Who knows, maybe when Grabner gets back he will be a perfect fit with that third line. His speed, with Frans and Kule might be a really deadly combo. That's of course if he can finish!

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
updated lines from isles twitter...once again i have no twitter at work so someone pls help me out:

Kulemin-JT-KO
Grabo-Nielsen-Conacher
Lee-Nelson-Strome

im fine with them, but would prefer to swap the LWs (putting Grabo on 1st, Kulemin on 3rd and Lee on 2nd)--that way we have a physical presence on each line.....right now our 2nd line is weak as ****

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad