Injury Report: Grabovski (Concussion *Post 79*; Upper body injury) *Day-To-Day*

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
dont have access to twitter at work, so someone please post the link for me......shannon hogan tweeted that cappy said grabo is day to day and doesnt expect him to be out long term....he skated this morning.....great news!!

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
dont have access to twitter at work, so someone please post the link for me......shannon hogan tweeted that cappy said grabo is day to day and doesnt expect him to be out long term....he skated this morning.....great news!!

https://twitter.com/Shannon_Hogan

Shannon Hogan @Shannon_Hogan · 26m 26 minutes ago

Capuano said not sure if Hamonic will play tonight. Also, Grabovski is still day to day, doesn't think it's long term, he skated this am.

Shannon Hogan @Shannon_Hogan · 6m 6 minutes ago

Halak in net tonight against the #Leafs #isles

Shannon Hogan @Shannon_Hogan · 4m 4 minutes ago

Hamonic told me he felt okay during skate. #isles

Macch

Mar 22, 2010

New York Islanders ‏@NYIslanders 28m28 minutes ago
Capuano: Mikhail Grabovski skated this morning and is considered day-to-day.

https://twitter.com/NYIslanders/status/524573575202996224

crasherino

May 9, 2013
https://twitter.com/Shannon_Hogan

Shannon Hogan @Shannon_Hogan · 26m 26 minutes ago

Capuano said not sure if Hamonic will play tonight. Also, Grabovski is still day to day, doesn't think it's long term, he skated this am.

Shannon Hogan @Shannon_Hogan · 6m 6 minutes ago

Halak in net tonight against the #Leafs #isles

Shannon Hogan @Shannon_Hogan · 4m 4 minutes ago

Hamonic told me he felt okay during skate. #isles

Those are all huge positives! I'm guessing Grabo still goes on IR as there needs to be a roster spot open for Viz, assuming he plays. And the fact that Hamonic is feeling OK is great news.

My guess is that Grabo comes back in a week against the Jets or even on Saturday against the Ducks.

And then - finally - the team will have some tough decisions.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Those are all huge positives! I'm guessing Grabo still goes on IR as there needs to be a roster spot open for Viz, assuming he plays. And the fact that Hamonic is feeling OK is great news.

My guess is that Grabo comes back in a week against the Jets or even on Saturday against the Ducks.

And then - finally - the team will have some tough decisions.

if he is truly day to day, i doubt he goes on IR....my guess is someone like boulton comes down with a groin strain :sarcasm:

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Thank goodness.

With all the stuff that's come out about concussions over the last couple years this has really become a scary injury. Hopefully Grabbo makes it back soon.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Thank goodness.

With all the stuff that's come out about concussions over the last couple years this has really become a scary injury. Hopefully Grabbo makes it back soon.

Later today and tomorrow will be huge. Hopefully he doesn't wake up with any symptoms.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Praise the lawd Grabo is back skating. Definitely concerned about concussions these days, especially with the fact that he has some history with them. My guess is that he'll be back in a week or so.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
if he is truly day to day, i doubt he goes on IR....my guess is someone like boulton comes down with a groin strain :sarcasm:

Going on IR has no real effect on Grabo's availability. It would just free up a roster spot for tonight. Otherwise, I think he would be available to come back on Thursday, although with a concussion, that's probably unlikely.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Going on IR has no real effect on Grabo's availability. It would just free up a roster spot for tonight. Otherwise, I think he would be available to come back on Thursday, although with a concussion, that's probably unlikely.

what are the rules with IR? there isnt a minimum of time that needs to be missed? i know you can be put on IR retroactively, but still...

crasherino

May 9, 2013
what are the rules with IR? there isnt a minimum of time that needs to be missed? i know you can be put on IR retroactively, but still...

7 days.
Injured Reserve List
In the event that a player is injured and a Club wishes to place him on the Injured Reserve List the Club must follow these procedures:
A club may place a player on the Injured Reserve List if such player is injured, disabled or ill and unable to perform his duties as a hockey player after having passed the Club's initial physical examination in that season.
A player who has an injury that renders him physically unable to play for a minumum of seven days after that date of the injury can be placed on the Club's Injured Reserve List. Once a player is placed on the list, the Club may replace said player on its NHL roster with another player. All determinations that a player has suffered an injury warranting injured reserve status must be made by the Club's medical staff and in accordance with the Club's medical standards.
A player placed on Injured Reserve is ineligible to compete in NHL games for a period of not less than seven days.
Players on Injured Reserve may attend Club meetings and meals, travel with the Club and participate in practice sessions.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26377#injured

Assuming he gets IR'd, I'm not sure if that lets him play on Thursday though. I guess it depends if it is retroactive to Friday is he allowed back on the 7th day or does have to wait until the following day to play.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I feel like "day-to-day" is about as accurate as "upper body injury" with this team. I would put large money on the fact that it isn't long-term, though.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Take his as you will because I'm fairly certain Kule doesn't have a medical degree hah:

https://twitter.com/jonastsn1050/status/524577219356921856

2qlwrqb.jpg

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Did the Isles ever come out and say that Grabovski actually has a concussion, or was it just "concussion-like symptoms"? I assume there's a difference, or at least it's a sliding scale with this being hopefully a borderline concussion at worst. Remember that he passed the first test, so maybe....

Re: Sabres fans, I think there might be some people here that are just a little jealous of all their draft picks. After all, they have the potential to someday be as good as the Oilers are now. :sarcasm:

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Did the Isles ever come out and say that Grabovski actually has a concussion, or was it just "concussion-like symptoms"? I assume there's a difference, or at least it's a sliding scale with this being hopefully a borderline concussion at worst. Remember that he passed the first test, so maybe....

Re: Sabres fans, I think there might be some people here that are just a little jealous of all their draft picks. After all, they have the potential to someday be as good as the Oilers are now. :sarcasm:

There's no real difference. You diagnose a concussion based on the symptoms. If you have a head injury and are experiencing concussion-like symptoms, you have a concussion. There is no objective test that can tell you whether you truly had a concussion.

Its a sliding scale insofar as how extensive those symptoms are and how long they last. In this situation, they apparently didn't last too long. In Viz's situation, they lingered a real long time apparently.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
There's no real difference. You diagnose a concussion based on the symptoms. If you have a head injury and are experiencing concussion-like symptoms, you have a concussion. There is no objective test that can tell you whether you truly had a concussion.

Its a sliding scale insofar as how extensive those symptoms are and how long they last. In this situation, they apparently didn't last too long. In Viz's situation, they lingered a real long time apparently.

Makes sense. Thanks.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Hopefully grabo comes back 100 with no lingering symptoms. Head injuries can be very tricky as people already know.

I will say this, some will say I'm reaching but the continuity of the lines were out of sync and I think in large part because grabo hold such value with the kids in the second line. Moreover, the third of Bailey/Frans/Kule is a great shut down line

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
Hopefully grabo comes back 100 with no lingering symptoms. Head injuries can be very tricky as people already know.

I will say this, some will say I'm reaching but the continuity of the lines were out of sync and I think in large part because grabo hold such value with the kids in the second line. Moreover, the third of Bailey/Frans/Kule is a great shut down line

Absolutely. Grabovski drives to the net hard. That opens up space for everyone.

Hershey Hockey

#AskNeal
Oct 5, 2010
Hershey, PA
4-0 with him in the lineup, 0-2 without. While it might be excessive to say he's been the key difference, it really does seem like the lines are out of whack without him there.

The chemistry between him and Strome on line two has made them almost as dangerous as line one and really looks to be budding into something special. Hope he's back soon, maybe even for Thursday, because it's clear his presence in the lineup has a big impact.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad