Value of: Grabner to the Blues

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
How are the Rangers for D prospects? I would offer one of LD Jake Walman, or RD Jordan Schmaltz. Forward prospects Ivan Barbashev and Samuel Blais are also probably available.

Y thou? We need a legitimate 2/3 line right wing who can help compliment his linemates. Why would you want to trade Walman or Chevy for Grabner who don't get me wrong is an impactful player but it still doesn't finish out the third line it just more or less adds another player who can't really set up in the offensive zone.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Y thou? We need a legitimate 2/3 line right wing who can help compliment his linemates. Why would you want to trade Walman or Chevy for Grabner who don't get me wrong is an impactful player but it still doesn't finish out the third line it just more or less adds another player who can't really set up in the offensive zone.

I’m not saying I agree with trading Barbashev or Walman -I especially wouldn’t trade the latter in a deal for Grabner- but Grabner is much better than any of the third liners they’ve run out there so far this year. Especially if acquiring him could allow Berglund to play up on the 2RW if nothing else.

Sobotka-Barbashev-Grabner

Is a much better 3rd line than what the Blues could cobble together currently. The whole idea of Grabner was to avoid parting with Barbashev/Walman/Thompson. But, I understand the Rangers not wanting to part with him.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Allaire is a goalie coach. Strome is a Forward that cant score or skate.
I said "the same way" to make an analogy. BA not likely to help, but they may have resources to lock secret of why highly rated Strome is a bust so far, and can that be a small adjustment. If that is cheap enough, they can get a better asset on the cheap

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
2nd line might be asking a bit much of Grabner, but he can definitely fill in in a pinch. Maybe 2018 2nd + checking winger prospect (someone in the mold of Jesper Fast)?

This seems pretty high. I'd be thinking more like 3rd + 4th/5th for Grabner

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Robby Fabbri + ? But he is LTIR...

Is this some kind of joke?

Even with the injuries I don’t think Fabbri will be traded, certainly not for a Grabner.

At the right price it's not a problem. But I'm afraid the Blues have nothing to offer. Rangers are happy about how he plays.

Earlier this yr propped swap of this years St L first [which now realize you do not have] + Fabbri AS IS for later NYR 1st w/Nash now.

I get that was Nash, not Grabner.
Understand 111% Fabs is not coming back this year. His future is a crapshoot. Eventually he returns, but better/same/worse is unknown. Even w/that, Blues fans don't want to move him.

-------
It appears there is no players/prospects that fit.

What about
Grabner + NYR 2018 3rd
for
Blues 2018 2nd + 2020 1st

St. Lou gets the player, at interest for delayed gratification to Rangers, who get their picks.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Just go James Neal or the David Perron route again lol. Grabner is an over the top move once you've already patched the other holes, not a fixer

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Earlier this yr propped swap of this years St L first [which now realize you do not have] + Fabbri AS IS for later NYR 1st w/Nash now.

Understand 111% Fabs is not coming back this year. His future is a crapshoot. Eventually he returns, but better/same/worse is unknown. Even w/that, Blues fans don't want to move him.

-------

What about
Grabner + NYR 2018 3rd
for

St. Lou gets the player, at interest for delayed gratification to Rangers, who get their picks.
Blues are not giving up a 1st and a 2nd for Michael f***ing Grabner. The 3rd means nothing.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

-------

What about
Grabner + NYR 2018 3rd
for

Blues aren't moving out of the 1st and 2nd round this year+going 3 years without a 1st.

Grabner is too expensive for the Blues. Im not trying to be rude, because I think Grabner has put himself in a position to warrent the ask. Without Fabbri this year, I don't see the Blues making an expensive acquisition of a rental. He provided too much offense to realistically replace.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Good luck getting your unprecedented 2nd + prospect for him

Oh I don’t need luck. I actually pay attention to what players are traded for during the deadline.

A 25 goal scoring winger who’s a beast on the PK will get more than two crappy picks.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I’m not saying I agree with trading Barbashev or Walman -I especially wouldn’t trade the latter in a deal for Grabner- but Grabner is much better than any of the third liners they’ve run out there so far this year. Especially if acquiring him could allow Berglund to play up on the 2RW if nothing else.

Sobotka-Barbashev-Grabner

Is a much better 3rd line than what the Blues could cobble together currently. The whole idea of Grabner was to avoid parting with Barbashev/Walman/Thompson. But, I understand the Rangers not wanting to part with him.

But what I'm saying is Grabner does not really help his line mates produce offense. He produces offense in more of Ambon traditional way, which is completely fine. Just doesn't exactly help out 3rd line issue. Instead it just masks it. If the option is Grabner or nothing sure go ahead throw a 3rd and someone like Stevens and see if they'll take it. Grabner is not the worst option but I don't think he's the best optio

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
But what I'm saying is Grabner does not really help his line mates produce offense. He produces offense in more of Ambon traditional way, which is completely fine. Just doesn't exactly help out 3rd line issue. Instead it just masks it. If the option is Grabner or nothing sure go ahead throw a 3rd and someone like Stevens and see if they'll take it. Grabner is not the worst option but I don't think he's the best optio

Fair enough. I kind of thought the asking price would be lower than what the case has been in this thread so it defeats the purpose of going after Grabner to begin with.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Before he joined the rangers he was averaging 10-20 goals a year for about 5 years. He's already 30 so his legs don't have much time left and as soon as he loses his legs he loses his career. He's definitely not worth a first or a good prospect.

I understand the trepidation, but you are not getting a one dimensional goal scoring forward. This is a reliable 2-way player that is playing limited minutes and producing top 6 results (from a goal scoring perspective)

At 30 years old, he has another 3+ years before the drop in speed is noticeable. He's a bargain at the deadline for what looks to be a late 1st from the Blues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad