Governor Baker to reopen big venues to events on March 22; Fans can return to Fenway, TD Garden soon

If the Bruins are allowed to have fans at TD Garden will you go?

• Total voters

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
not gonna lie, this seems really premature and stupid given that the teams are still operating in a "bubble" and several teams have had outbreaks.
since when have either the Celtics or Bruins been in a bubble in 2021?

if the above were true, the Garden itself wouldn't be available, for fan or media purposes just as it was from the season suspension in March 2020 until 3 months ago, when both teams returned to the Garden without fans.

it'd be like Toronto signing a contract to be in Tampa for this season, because Canada wouldn't allow the Raptors to be at home, same reason why the Blue Jays ended up in Buffalo for 2020

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
New York requires a PCR test 72 hours before event and a Rapid Test at the gate. Interesting that there is no testing requirements here.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
EvF3FadXAA0j0V-

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
You do realize that the vaccine doesn't make you immune from getting this virus, right? Not that I'm saying to not go, just making sure you were aware.

Makes it much harder to get it though. Not planning on abandoning all the other pre-cautions like masks and such just because i have the shots.
Hopefully Masks eventually become optional but not mandatory for people who want to wear them. There are people who experience genuine problems when forced to wear them like glasses fog or trouble breathing.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Hopefully Masks eventually become optional but not mandatory for people who want to wear them. There are people who experience genuine problems when forced to wear them like glasses fog or trouble breathing.
there's no evidence to support that claim, Centrum... it's a requisite requirement, there are no exceptions now for breathing difficulties in any public setting, not just arenas, and isn't there a Supermarket at the Hub on Causeway?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
If any STH have access to a game or two and don’t want to go, PM me.

Thanks!

Reactions: LSCII

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If any STH have access to a game or two and don’t want to go, PM me.

Thanks!
I’m paid up for next year and am not touching my tickets

if I go it will be playoffs (not paid out of season tickets already paid) or with friends who have season tickets and told me today they will be going

I won’t go without vaccine and at least till May when I can see how this is working

the vaccine is a must

likely I’ll be at Finals against Toronto

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I’m fully vaccinated but even if I wasn’t I’d still go depending on ticket prices. Things will be spaced out pretty well with only 12% capacity.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
So 2000 fans, aren't there like >8000 season ticket holders alone? lol

Yeah, but I'm sure many already chose to get a full refund for the (2020)-2021 season. And any who didn't probably has a "bank" of credit with teh garden - they will probably be able to buy a certain number of seats to a certain number of games - but not all 17. The remaining money would probably flow over into 2021-22.

You also have to consider that from the time you get your first COVID shot, I think you've got 5 weeks (for Pfizer) or 6 weeks (for Moderna) to reach the full 95% protection threshold, assuming you get your second shot at the recommended 21/28 days after the first. I think it takes 2 weeks from the second shot, but that could be old info. That might cause a lot of people to just hold off for a few more weeks. Most folks have a vague horizon on when they're going to get immunized - if it's going to be in a month, you're probably going to be willing to wait and then go to games (whether it's hockey or baseball or football) once you've completed your immunization.

Personally, I'd find it questionable at best to go into the Garden as a fan without getting fully vaccinated. And even then, I'd want a "weather report" on how many cases of COVID there are, and how good the state is doing in terms of getting the vaccine distributed. On March 22, if we're still on the current phase, or have barely touched the "teachers and essential workers" phase of vaccination, I'd be leery that there would be a lot of folks without immunity - and even if I had my 95% immunity, having a lot of interactions with potentially infectious people that could cause one of the 5% breakthroughs isn't worth it for a hockey game that will still be there next fall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad