Governor Baker to reopen big venues to events on March 22; Fans can return to Fenway, TD Garden soon

If the Bruins are allowed to have fans at TD Garden will you go?

• Total voters

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
My elderly folks are scheduled for their first shot Thursday, which I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief about. I certainly don't want to catch it, but my biggest fear is inadvertently spreading it to them.

That being said, I'm a worrier by nature. I will eventually worry less about them, but still feel I'm in no hurry to take unnecessary risks, especially for entertainment.

I've seen games in Florida with a small number of fans in attendance (even before this season ;)). And while I think it would be interesting to see a game with few fans just to hear the players, it's not the same atmosphere as a packed house.

I respect others' choices, but for me I'll wait.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I'd go to a game although as Aero said it wouldn't be the same as a packed house. I'm not too concerned on contracting it I've been all over the country during the whole crisis and have been fine so far and I also live alone right now so no worries about giving it to elders. Wouldn't be as fun without a packed house but is what it is. still crazy to think back to being in the packed house at Keybank arena in Buffalo watching the Sabres beat the poo out of the laughs 1 month before everything shut down. Being there with nobody wearing a mask and 'normal times.' Weird feeling thinking back.

I'm sure Fenway has better and similar stories

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I have worked both Bruins and Celtics games at TD Garden now for 2 months and it is surreal.

I got used to working with no fans in Toronto and Edmonton but doing it in Boston was heartbreaking simply because North Station is a ghost town.

I'm not working because I need the money, it gives me something to do and also the feeling that our telecasts are helping people cope.

The first event I worked on was the Belmont for NBC last June and we tried to make the event look normal to viewers but at the venue it was depressing.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I wouldn't go to a live game until it is the same experience. That means no masks and full crowd. Otherwise it just doesn't seem fun or worth the cost.

Hopefully this could be the situation by late 2021.

Reactions: LSCII

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Opening Day at Fenway Park isn’t far away, and now it looks like there will be baseball fans in the stands to witness it.
Governor Charlie Baker plans to announce at a 1 p.m. event on Thursday that the administration will reopen large venues, those that accommodate more than 5,000 people, on March 22 with rules for reduced capacity, according to a source with knowledge of the Baker administration’s plans. The event is scheduled to take place at the Ledger Restaurant and Bar in Salem.

The list of affected venues includes the locations where Boston’s big sports teams play: Fenway Park, Gillette Stadium, the TD Garden.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston

Let’s go!!

anxiously waiting for the email from the bruins telling me which games I can attend!

sstarting March 23 the bruins have a 8 game homestand

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Opening Day at Fenway Park isn’t far away, and now it looks like there will be baseball fans in the stands to witness it.
Governor Charlie Baker plans to announce at a 1 p.m. event on Thursday that the administration will reopen large venues, those that accommodate more than 5,000 people, on March 22 with rules for reduced capacity, according to a source with knowledge of the Baker administration’s plans. The event is scheduled to take place at the Ledger Restaurant and Bar in Salem.

The list of affected venues includes the locations where Boston’s big sports teams play: Fenway Park, Gillette Stadium, the TD Garden.
most states are going this way/approach;

I just saw in the last 24/48 hours....

Richmond and Martinsville will be 30% capacity to start this spring;

Charlotte will also be 30% capacity for the Coca Cola 600.

Cautious I would be when u start seeing these....

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I voted no, but I probably straddle 'No'/'Maybe' line. I don't get to that many games, maybe 1 a year, so it's not like not going has been a major change in my life. I'll probably feel better about it once a higher percent of people are vaccinated (myself included), but the truth is that attending these events with the COVID guidelines just doesn't seem as fun, especially considering the cost. Not that I enjoy being packed in like a sardine at pre-COVID games, but there's a different kind of experience when there's only 12% capacity. Doesn't seem worth it to me, at least for now.

Reactions: LSCII

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
The Univ I work at, has seen large increase in positive tests this week. All classes going remote, all student activities cancelled, shut down the outdoor ice rink.

Highatop308

Only took 4 months!
Jun 23, 2010
308, row 15. seat 28
STH were given 2 options, option 1 gives you first crack at going because they are keeping your money and letting it roll over to next year with a guaranteed price freeze and playoffs. option 2 took a refund but can attend if there enough tickets passed on my option 1 people then theres general public once it goes through the STH who have their money tied up with the Bruins now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad